Your Email

Your Email Client

• Total voters
I think that you misunderstand the difference between client, (e.g outlook, eudora, thunder bird, outlook express, squirrel mail, pine, etc) and email provider (e.g. Yahoo, hotmail, Gmail, etc...)

Well if a Mod could please rename this topic then that would be good :)

Client or provider; I use Gmail for the fun part (like 3 years), Yahoo for the unsafe activities (like 10 years) and Hotmail for official uses (5 years). That's on the personal level.

At work I (we) use Outlook, and the company provides OWA (Outlook Web Access) so we can access our work email accounts from outside.

Gmail. I hate Yahoo, They've turned into crooks with their new privacy policy. Where as Email is not much better, reading every single email you get in and out, Yahoo's new agreement just went way over the boundaries. I can't wait for the Paid Email services to come out. They had a beta for one to come out, like $70 a year or something like that, but the Beta with 2k people was filled real fast. Can't remember the name, but according to what they said, they have a real good security system, with thousands of encryptions and stuff, so Google or ANYTHING cannot read your Emails. Supposed to be Super secure, with NO ONE reading you're emails, No automated system sorting or what ever. Gives you total privacy, so only the receiver see's what you wrote, not all of google or yahoo. So yeah, Gmail now.. But someday...

You hate yahoo because of privacy concerns, but use gmail, where your emails are scanned and logged to help target better ads?

You hate yahoo because of privacy concerns, but use gmail, where your emails are scanned and logged to help target better ads?

When I said "Where as Email is not much better" I mean't to say Gmail, it was a typo. I also said I hated Gmail as well ;) . Their new privacy policy isn't the only problem.

The nomenclature of this thread and the options in the poll are a bit confusing. It asks about email client yet all of the options in the poll are providers.

If we're talking about email clients, I use Outlook myself. Not sure how I could live without it.

Well for me and most my life i used Hotmail & Yahoo. i love these email providers but i was not happy when they changed the look of Hotmail and made it Outlook now. it took a while to get used to it, but i loved the old version because they always highlighted my new emails, wich i loved.

Why do they always have to change things, why can't they give you the option to opt out of their changes?

Gmail, before this, hotmail, 11 years ago I signed up, I think, and then I went to gmail years and years ago, because the spam feature was great, now since then I've always used it and found it to be very good.

Back
Top Bottom