Your Computers: A Time Line for all of Us...

1993 to Now;

FAMILY's:

1995 to 1998: No Idea. All i remember as playing need for speed 2 on it and a macdonalds game i got with a happy meal (Rep to the person who can find this game or atleast a screenshot)

1998 to 2002: Pentium III 1Ghz custom built by Dr.Vision,ran windows 98. Made first contact with the internet with this pc. our first isp was Onetel and then they went bust. Then We went with AOL When they trialled the australian market. It was so slow that within the first hour we got it disconnected.

2002 to 2004: A Compaq presarion,2.8ghz P4,512mb ram,ATI Radeon 9200,Windows XP Home. Later became mine.

From 2003 I Had my own PC's,

Late 2003: My first pc was an ancient toshiba laptop i bought for $10 with no hardrive,i used a DOS Boot floppy disk to use it. No idea what the specs were.

Early 2004:Cost me $20,A Toshiba satellite 410CDT. It had a hardrive in it but stupid me had NO Idea how to format a hardrive. I Used it in the same way i used the first laptop,with a boot floppy disk.

Late 2004: Given to me by a friend,my first desktop! It looked very similar to this, it ran Mac OS7,funilly enough i still mainly used my laptop.

Mid 2005: 3 Months after i had been given the mac i found an old Pentium 2 pc on the foot path. This was the game changer you could say,the first pc i fixed and at this time i realised what i wanted to do.

In 2005 i went through about 10 different PC's until my parents gave me there Compaq presario (Mentioned Earlier) in mid 2006. In mid 2007 there was a accident where my father drove his 4wd through my bedroom wall (Long Story hahah),my computer desk was up against that wall. So they bought me a new PC.

Mid 2007: My First brand new,Up to date PC! Bought for $1000 at harvey norman. It was an Acer Aspire. It had an AMD Athlon X2 2.5Ghz,nVidia 8600GT and i forget the rest of the specs.

Mid 2008: I Finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a motherboard and a GPU off the forums (Off of bullzi!) and build my First PC! I Used half the parts from the acer.

Early 2009: I Built the rig i am on now! Which is on ebay now to raise money for my new rig :)

Cool, thats pretty neat. Thanks for posting!

No No No NO!!! What the hack was my fist computer, Not windows 98, but my Dell wasn't 98, Grrrmmm... Look: 1:36 - 1:40

That was the star up sound of a beige computer, not my Mac,. and my Dell had 2000, I'm sure of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu0TMtgx1pE
Lucky you. You had sound on yours.

I fail to really be amazed. Maybe it's because I collect vintage computers.

Cool, thats pretty neat. Thanks for posting!

No No No NO!!! What the hack was my fist computer, Not windows 98, but my Dell wasn't 98, Grrrmmm... Look: 1:36 - 1:40

That was the star up sound of a beige computer, not my Mac,. and my Dell had 2000, I'm sure of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu0TMtgx1pE
Those sounds bring back a lot of memories, especially the Windows 3.1 and 95/98 ones.

Those sounds bring back a lot of memories, especially the Windows 3.1 and 95/98 ones.

I'm even surprised I remembered it. I couldn't remember my ME, or my Vista Beta...

I just knew: my first comp went "oooahhooohoooodunbuuum!!!" and scared the crap out of me, lol

What do you Specificly remember out of your computer?

I specifically remember when I upgraded from Windows 3.1 to 98 and it started up for the first time with the startup sound and the blue cloud desktop background and I was like "wow.....this is a whole new world"

lol im a late bloomer to computers lol my fist computer was xp and it was the fastest machine around lol got it built by a local computer place but they went out of bussiness due to mega stores pooping up around it
it was a nforce4 chipset motherobard, with 1.5gb of ram ,single core, 160gb ide 400w and a x1800 i rember it cost me 900$ too with 5 yr warrent

Here are some more interesting stuff, from my dad:

My dad's first computer was a Radio Shack model 1 Tandi, its in the attic lol
Specs.... lol
8088 4mhz
tape drive - basic imbeded
128kb ram
Basic

Then, he spent $1200, on an Osborne 1
Specs...lol
Zilog Z80 4mhz
2 floppys - basic imbeded
64kb ram
Basic

Then he took on somthing new after operation desert storm was over. Compaq Prolinia
unknown specs

He worked for apple, got, maybe an upgrade? Apple Macintosch II / plus
Specs:
Astoc 32 30mhz
1mb ram
4mb Hd
Macintosch imbedded

After working for a strange company, he got my Apple Avardo Quadro
Unknown specs

then ha moved on to an Ibm thinkpad T21
Specs:
Intel Pentium III 700mhz
256mb Ram
30gb Hd
Windows 2000

Somewhereimbetween, he got these:

Custom/Whitebox
1.8ghz Amd Athlon 64 1800+
2.50Gb Ram
100Gb HDD
Windows XP

Ideq 210V
Specs:
2Ghz Amd Athlon XP
2gb Ram
160Gb HDD
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Then he got a Gateway W730 - K8X
Specs:
Amd Athlon 64 Mobile 3400+ 2.19Ghz
1.25gb Ram
100gb HDD
Windows XP MCE

Then his company got him a IBM Thinkpad R51
Specs:
Intel Pentium M 2.26Ghz
2gb Ram
80Gb Hd
Windows XP

Then he bought a Dell Studio 1535
Specs:
2.00Ghz Core 2 Duo
4gb Ram
250Gb HDD
Windows Vista Home Edition

His company's new comp:
Ibm thinkpad T60
1.86Ghz Core Duo
2gb Ram
512Gb HDD
Windows XP

EDIT: sis's comps:
Apple Avardo Quadro
unknown specs

Ideq 210V
do I need to repeat myself so many times?

Custom/Whitebox
1.8ghz Amd Athlon 64 1800+
2.50gb ram
100gb HD
Windows XP

Back
Top Bottom