You gotta read this, very funny!

deepthroat

In Runtime
Alright, so I was playing Far Cry on the internet and was having loads of fun, when all of a sudden I started to hear ticking noises.Being the investigator that I am I started out looking in my vents for hair or any other obstructions that may cause a noise.I started to panic(thinking maybe my thermal paste had dried out and my processor was overheating) I quickly shut down and opened my case, then I felt the heatsink to see if it was hot to the touch, nothing, cool as ever.Then I rebooted and ran all kinds of thermal tests on all my devices HDD, graphics card, processor, network card etc, everything normal.I then took off and opened my power supply, cleaned the inside which had very little dust at all in it, closed it up and put it back.Then I looked around my room one last time listening closely to every sound, and I spotted the suorce, a pepsi that I had opened about 20 minutes prior to playing was making bubles in the can!Can you believe that?A PEPSI can!
After that I decided to curse at myself on behalf of being a dumba$$.

Do you guys have any crazy, weird, or just plain funny moments?
Post them here...
Thanks

soda cans have fooled me several times before in that same way, by making poping and crackling sounds... but i never went to that extreme:p
...but the good part to this is at least now you know your power supply is clean, and all your cooling systems and devices are working right.:D

Haha! Thats brilliant!

No, I can't admit to anything that funny - although once, years back I'd like to add, I did wonder what the tab on the back to change the Voltage did. I switched it while it was on and blew the computer. That was annoying enough, but the funny thing was I replaced the power, replaced everything that had blown too, plugged it in and it didn't work. Then I decided I'd try that switch again. And it blew again!

Only then did I realise me flicking that had done it.

haha, that sucks
I've always wanted to mess with the switch, but I think now I am going to soder some cover over it so i'm not tempted.

All the switch does is change the international voltage standard for countries with higher voltage outlets.And no definitely don't touch it, every thing that is pluged in to American walls musy be set at 120 Volts.

Truthfuly, I don't know exactly.Maybe it has something to do with there being more demands for high voltage equipment.But I can't say I know, cause I don't.

yeh i blew my friends computer like that. had to hunt for a AT psu and luckily everything wasnt fried!

deepthroat said:
All the switch does is change the international voltage standard for countries with higher voltage outlets.And no definitely don't touch it, every thing that is pluged in to American walls musy be set at 120 Volts.
Britain has 240Volts. Practically every non-British Colony has 120Volts though - I don't know why. I like to think of it in that ours was first, and was set as such, therefore you're all weird and we're right! :D

It confuses me too. Suppose you think its safer.

Back
Top Bottom