YESSSSSSSSSS! I Finally Finished My Website!!!!!!!

- Its impersonal. Impersonal and professional are not synonyms. I assume those people in the main picture is pretty much a stock render, and none of them are actually you. Try and get somebody to take a picture of you working on an open pc case and put some effects on it in photoshop
First thing I noticed. Using the stock photo of any template doesn't make it look professional. You need a picture you made or took. Either take a picture and add stuff to it in Photoshop, or make or have someone make you a logo to put in that spot. The stock photo doesn't work.

The top header needs a proper title. The plane text is not working for you. You need some kind of graphic test with something more to it, and a larger font. It does not contrast its background very well, and to be honest I missed it at first.
I agree, this doesn't work either. The header title just looks like it was slapped on the top there not really worrying about looks. A different font is needed to blend it in, maybe a different color as well.

While I'm not too great at making sites myself, these are things that just popped out at me as out of place. Ariel font probably would look better through the whole site than what you have.

To be clearly honest:

- The header looks horrible. You need some nice graphic or something, the text doesn't fit well with the layout.
- Get rid of the stock photo. Crop your own photo and add there. It would look much better.
- I wouldn't capitalize "computers" when it's at the end of a sentence.
- On-sight should be changed to on-site.
- The fonts are inconsistent on the Testimonials page. Making them all the same would make the site much more professional.
- The fonts are also slightly inconsistent on the Services page.
- Do you have a physical store/place where people can come in and drop off their computers or is it just a home-based business? If there's an actual location for your business (ex. 600 West Street), it might be wise to provide that and the city/state as well as the phone number on the contact us page. That's more optional though, but I think for a business it would be better.

If you are home-based, I probably wouldn't advise providing a full street address and city and state.

^ Just my opinions. Other than those things, the site looks good.

Spelling Nazi again, I know you Americans have your own way of spelling the english language but do you really spell Warranty as Warrantee???

Hi there, thanks so much for all of your input and advice. I will be making these chages accordingly.

And, i have another question. Should I create a page for a price list, or should I have it set like I do now where people call for pricing? If I do the price page, I'd have to include alot of things, and the list would be huge.

Most I've talked to so far say that I should keep things as is: but, I'd like to know what you all think.

Before this video thing gets out of hand, I must state this;

As I stated before, it has nothing to do with me. I'm not the one in the video. I don't know who that is. Now, I'm wanting to find out. Not to mention, I'm a female.

How did he get my name, Waldorf PC?

I will say that it is funny though.

The testimonials are real. I will just need to go and take pictures of the people and have them beside them as suggested above. I like the idea, as it will give them credibility and not look something fake.

Edited to add;

I went on You Tube and did a search on Waldorf PC. I came up with the following;

1. This is a group of guys. They call themselves the Waldorf PC Crew.
2. I found that they live in my home town--Waldorf Maryland. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIBhZS1_Erc
3. they are PC people as well as dancers and gamers, though the first few videos appear to be added by a different person. He is IMAHIPHOPDANCER22. I don't even know who he is from Adam. but, that is the one you guys are talking about as the same song is used in several of the videos. It is by SWV, and I like it. I used to own the tape back in the day.

I hope this brings about clarification.

Who knows ... I thought it was illegal to use someone elses business name. Well, I guess it doesn't matter in this case as they ar not in business.

Great taste in videos. I got a laugh. They really are living up to the title--acting dumb. But, what's wrong with that, right? Kinda funny if you ask me.

I will soon be on YouTube, and I'll let you know when.

And, thanks for finding that. I'll keep my eye out to see if they start branding my company name. You've been more of a help than you realize. :)

Back
Top Bottom