Yay, More Laptop Problems!

HiddenTalent

Baseband Member
So my girlfriend has a nice HP laptop that is only a year old. I always tell her not to allow the updates to go, because sometimes they cause more harm than good. Well sure enough she let the updates go. Now her computer wont turn on. The lights come on, HDD spins, no cooling fans, no screen. Then the lights come on like its booting up then it turns off and comes back on like its restarting.

Any advice?

Well its a SATA style hdd, and I would like to get her information off if she has to send it in. If there is a cable to connect it somehow to a non SATA system that would be great information.

Let me know what my options are.

Edit:

For answering my own questions on the cable... I found the sata to usb cables however they dont support the laptop sata interface, or atleast I didn't recognize how it works.

TIA

Were these updates the Microsoft auto updates? If so, I dont see why they would cause your GF's lappy to not function? I have my PC's and laptop on auto update and never had any problems?

Yes they were auto.

Sometimes if I install the updates, it will do similar stuff but it at least turns on...

Then the lights come on like its booting up then it turns off and comes back on like its restarting.
That sounds more like a hardware issue than software, this would mean that the updates are not the problem, which I can guarantee you they aren't.

From the description of your problem, the only thing that comes to mind that fits it is a corrupted BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom