Xp won't load

Rennard

Banned
a couple of weeks ago, my computer started to get quite slow. Then i started to get an error message, whenever i was running a quite strenuous task it would cut off and go to a blue error message.

this would happen every time, and if i restarted it would load up to the very first screen then stop. then i had to restart again,and it would get abit further then stop again. Anyway when i finally got it on it it would say there's an error with partition f. this was one that had been made when i used encryption software: cryptainer. So i deleted the partition. This i've been told was a mistake, because all my documents dissapeared after. So i'm told this is because the encryption software backed up all of my documents to that partition:(

then the error started becoming more frequent. untill eventually it won't load at all, i get to the xp loading screen and it freezes there. i've tried safe mode that did work untill it stopped just before it loaded. i really need help?:confused:

thanks

Do you have an XP cd onhand? Booting from that to the recovery console command prompt once logged on as admin to the current installation you would type in the "chkdsk /r" command to schedule the check disk tool with the repair/recovery switch added at the end. The next startup would see that scan the drive for bad sectors and try to recover what it can.

For an older system the drive heads may be showing wear or your temps are high as well as some loss of boot information. A boot disk of some type with the drive diagnostic tool you get from the drive's manufacturer can help show if the drive is failing. The best recommendation here is to start backing up what you can from the drive in case of failure or a need to reformat it if found good for a clean install.

i will try this. but i already have ran chkdsk on startup and it finished then i got the error message.

If the check disk tool isn't coming up with any errors the next option would be downloading a diagnostic from the manufacturer itself to rule out a bad drive. The master partition table or the installation itself may have trashed in the mishap you saw where a repair install might set things straight again.

Apparently the program you used seems to have done XP over good! You likely lack any restore points to go back before that software was originally installed where the repair install option seems the best solution prior to a full reinstall. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Back
Top Bottom