XP VS Vista Gaming performance differences!

its kk dunno wots wrong wiv your print screeen then ? probably jus the keyboard i doubt its a MS problem

I'm not sure if that is really a fair test since you were using a 32bit copy of XP and a 64bit version of Vista?

Maybe try using a 32bit version of each OS or a 64bit verrsion of each OS that way it may be fairer. I'm guessing you would get different results?

I'm not sure if that is really a fair test since you were using a 32bit copy of XP and a 64bit version of Vista?

Maybe try using a 32bit version of each OS or a 64bit verrsion of each OS that way it may be fairer. I'm guessing you would get different results?

Well 3dmark06 is designed in 32bit. So even when running on 64bit Vista its actually in 32bit compatible mode. Or should I say its not taking any advantage of 64bit.

The only difference is it see's 4gigs vs only 2.85 in XP. Thats not important though as long as you have enough free ram to run the app it will not effect your score. I had a bum stick a while ago and was running 1gig then when I got my new ram I benched it at the same spec's as 1 gig and there was no real difference.

Wish i could just to confirm its no different but I got a system builders kit so I only have 64bit versions of Vista. Sry

LOL you should run 06 and go for the lowest score! :)

Ya like you said though i'm sure the next driver should close the gap some more. I just got it 100% stable @3525Mhz so I'm sure I can clear 11k in vista now.

i could totaly beat anyones low here...for now anyways:)

i think once vista drivers mature then vista will blow xp out of the water. vista was literaly built for gaming.

i could totaly beat anyones low here...for now anyways:)

i think once vista drivers mature then vista will blow xp out of the water. vista was literaly built for gaming.

Ya will be nice when they come out with something solid. I'm freaking happy now I was doing some posting on Evga's forums and one guy said he couldn't break 11k with his 8800gtx! I'm guessing he didn't have a clue what he's doing but still lol. 11k woot i'm a happy drunk :)
Also used that Vista snipping tool :)

11k3dmark06.jpg

what benches do you get with your ram. you have tighter timings but lower clock than me. i want to see whose does better. timings vs speed :)

Well this is just were i'm at currently. I'm sure it will go higher I've just been stepping it as I jump the FSB. Think I was at 830 and when I stepped to 1567FSB it was showing a new timing at like 783 or something. So I put in 850 and it was like 849 actual. So I decided to try it and see if it was stable there. Here's mine i'd crop them all in one screen shot but i'm a bit buzzed now :) I saw your ram way up there! You gotta be getting high marks in the ram department!

In order it goes from top to bottom Memory Read, Memory Write, Memory Copy, Memory Latency (also disregard the 3533Mhz I don't know why everest is showing it at that its only 3525Mhz I think it messes up from time to time when I was at 3501Mhz it read like 3480Mhz or something)

MemoryRead.jpg

MemoryWrite.jpg

MemoryCopy.jpg

MemoryLatency.jpg

mine is
Read 8386 MB\s
Write 7420 MB\s
Copy 7922 MB\s
Latency 43.9 ns

only thing better is read by far. which is probably the most important

Back
Top Bottom