XP Themes...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Im pretty bored with the look of XP and im thinking about using one of those programs that lets you use different windows themes and skins. I was wondering whether this would seriously alter my system performance. Can anyone comment on this please? Could somebody post any negative effects of using programs that affect the look of xp?

Thanks alot for any help you can offer me!

It depends on your system, yeah. Your system by the looks of it, should be okay.

I don't recommend them though, or at least not the most part, as if you try and ininstall, it can wreak havoc, but thats my fault for that one time, trying to use a trial that ran out...

I personally like the XP theme. But I set it to Classic, so I don't have that Silver or blue task bar.

for the best themes go to http://www.wincustomize.com/

it has desktop x, windowsblinds, and a lot more stuff like icon packager and cursor xp. i wouldn't suggest windowsblinds because of its sh*tty programming you'll see that icons are missing on your desktop :p

desktop x is really nice looking the only problem is that all of these programs are trial verisions, except for bootskin. well have fun looking for themes.

Or, even more rewarding, create your own themes. You can get resource hacker (win32 resource decompiler). Try exploring

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\

look at other previously created themes via res hacker

Back
Top Bottom