XP Pro on striped partition

AnonymousI

In Runtime
Is it possible to install XP Pro on a stripped partition? If so, how?

Also, is there a way to change the default "Program Files" directory to a different drive just before the GUI-mode or ms-dos portion of setup begins? I know I can change the default "Program Files" directory in the registry after the OS is installed, but when I do so, some links on the start menu become invalid.

Are you meaning a striped RAID setup? If so then you need to install the RAID drivers before you install the OS, when you boot the XP CD you will see an option to press F6 to install additional drivers, just do that, and then install the drivers from floppy, then install the OS etc

No, I'm not using a RAID setup. I have two hard drives: 60 GB and 320 GB - no RAID controller. I want to spread the XP installation over two hard disks for maximum performance. Is this possible?

You can do this from disk management. You need to convert your basic discs to dynamic discs. The only problem you are going to have is that in order to create a striped volume, you need to use an identical amount of disk space on each drive. Also worth noting that if one of your drives fail, then all your data is gone. Im not totally sure if you can spread the OS over both drives aswell

Back
Top Bottom