xp login problem!!!!

That could work i suppose, for the USB problem try looking in he BiOS. I'm not sure I would want to try an activation crack from antother PC with XP though... if you've got a 98 pc or something to try it on i would give it a go

im in safe mode. i can get to all the documents. its a 10 yr old pc with a old mouse which doesnt work on xp for some reason and cannot get my usb stick working yet. i could get the crack on cd and try that but i remember trying the crack before then whenever the pc started up it would say "starting up" with the xp box then reset its self. think i got it working once

I've used PCs with a cracked version of XP before with no problems, which Service Pack is installed?

i have no mouse at the moment so had to use the pc. service pack 1 is now on it as i did a repair install to try and fix it. used to be sp2

I think your best bet might be to back up as much as possible on the old pc and reinstall Windows, how big is the HDD on the old PC and what system is installed on it?

ok let me explain a bit more. i have xp on both the old hdds. ones beyond repair which i will sort later and another is 9.3gb which has my data on. i will backup data and try a crack first and if that fails ill re install. just had to re boot computer after it installed the usb drive etc so hope it works now

i dont have that cd

If the hdd is only 9.3 gigs then the rest of the PC can't be that amazing... I would recommend installing an older version of windows, that would get rid of the activation problems too... If you still can't get the USB key working then try booting off a knoppix or MandrakeMove CD, i think the MandrakeMove one can read NTFS too.

usb is working now. will try and backup data then install a crack. i only have 98, me and 2000 disks which were downloaded off the net. they all install fine exept they dont want to boot from the bios and the floppy drive i have doesnt want to work either although i t might work in safe mode in the pc where im backing up the data. i am going to try to make a boot disk from there and will get back to you guys

For the floppy drive, make sure it is set up in the BIOS and that the cable is in the right way, what system is installed on the old pc?

Back
Top Bottom