xp home, task manager problem

im not formating my hard drive or paying someone else to do it. i rather put up with the problem. i dont really need it anyway.

thanks for all the help,

WAzz

Wazz said:
im not formating my hard drive or paying someone else to do it. i rather put up with the problem. i dont really need it anyway.

thanks for all the help,

WAzz
Way to go,stop looking for a quick fix here.But why is Task Mgr so necessary ?
Have you not learned how to use it ?
Are you talking about Windows 3 version ?
TASKMAN.EXE
It's still in my W me Windows folder.but kinda useless after 10 years don't you think ?

:D :D its not a problem now!!! :D :D

today i had to do a system restore because i accidently deleted something i needed. i only restored it to a earlier time today but....
when i restarted it took longer than normal to login in. it loged in and a error came up saying taskman had a error," do you wont to send the problem to microsoft" or what ever. i didn't. But now it works YAY.

thanks for all the help again.

WAzz

p.s, im not a complete moron. :p

OK, maybe a format you don't want but i would do some general house cleaning to help speed.

1) start/control panel/ network n internet/internet options/delete cookies/delete files, put checkmark in box to delete offline content/ clear history.
last but not least click settings tab above clear hisory.
put your temp internet folder to 60 to 80 mb.
this will help alot...you don't need 500 or so MB. of folder space to browse and download.
2) restart comp and boot up in safemode.
once there /start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disk defragmenter.
this will make your harddrive faster and more stable.

try those out and post back if it made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom