XP Home installation question

Only if the key came from the same d/l off the site you got it from, but be warned if this is a cracked or pirated OS and you want updates for it, Micro$oft will know.

so i cant use a serial key that came wit say a dell? like if im gonna reinstall xp home on a dell that had originally xp home, but use a pirated version with the serial key the PC came wit, that wouldnt work out?

Although you can probably get away with using generator, i would'nt risk it in the long run..when you want to patch up holes and do upgrades, Micro$oft will be sure to cripple you're OS or make it crash alot. it's not worth the risk.

Do you mean like you lost the disc, but you still have your original legal key? I think that should work.

~mr mixx~ said:
Although you can probably get away with using generator, i would'nt risk it in the long run..when you want to patch up holes and do upgrades, Micro$oft will be sure to cripple you're OS or make it crash alot. it's not worth the risk.
what are you talking about???

you'll be fine as long as the disk you download is the xp home oem version and your coa off your dell is for xp home. also be sure your only running it on one computer. the coa is not locked to the disk so as long as your using a legit coa and the correct version of windows, you'll be able to activate it and get updates just like normal. good luck.

Im doing the same at the moment, ive lost my CD'd but my serial number is still burned to the back of my computer.

All i did was borrow XP Home from some friends at college and use my serial number on registration

i know ways to download xp pro and make it genuine and there are decent patches for home but i dont think i can tell you here. you can use any copy of xp, even a downloaded one as long as you use a legit key (unless you do what i said above). the only way i think this wouldnt work is if you downloaded xp and tried to use the key on several pc's.

Back
Top Bottom