XP Graphics Problem

Branninja

Beta member
Hello, I recently installed XP Pro on my computer, but it is on the lowest display settings possible (640x480 and 4-bit colors) These are the only options and I am not sure what the problem is but I cannot move the resolution up, nor the color. Could I be missing a driver? Please help me out, thanks :)

Yes, you ARE mising drivers. I had the same problem when i reinstalled it. Do you use onboard graphics? A video card?

I am pretty sure it is onboard graphics because it's a crappy little Compaq PC. Any idea how I would know for sure, because I took the case off and everything is packed tightly so I don't know what is what.

I went to the Compaq site and now everything is running smoothly :) A small issue on a side-note however, my Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically when Windows starts, even though the automatic option is selected. Thanks a million for the help with the drivers though :)

That's what I was thinking you should be able to download them all on the HP site, if it's anything like Dell's site it shouldn't be any trouble finding them.

@proximity2 Please make a new forum for this issue.

@B68B With the wireless not starting up, you could always dump the program into the startup folder. That should launch it when XP starts

You could change in the Services.msc to have the Wireless Zero Config to automatically start.

Back
Top Bottom