XP Default Image settings

semanese

Beta member
Those of you running XP, is there a way to change the default settings for viewing pictures? What I mean is, whenever you open a folder with a number of pictures it will default to 'slideshow' view. How do I change it to view thumbnail or whatever i choose? I'm sure there's a way, I just don't know what it is :)

well, go to a folder where your pictures are, and on the top left of the window, click on the veiw button....

then scroll down to the second menu, this will be the list of veiws you want to use to display pictures...

your options will be...flimstrip/thumbnails/tiles/icons/list/ or details...

Thanks, I know how to change it, I want to know how to set the default to thumbnail, not slideshow.

I don't want to have to change it everytime.

once you change it, it should remember your option change...i think you must put a check somewhere for it to remember your folder settings...

Ok, you have to go the folder where your pics are, then at the left corner , click tools/ folder options...veiw

see the side scroll bar, use that to scroll down to where it say: save folder settings , and put a check mark next to that...and click apply

yah, already tried that, but that changes everyfolder to that view, I only want folders with pictures to be in that view.

Its always defaulted to slideshow, there's GOT to be a way to change that

well when i tell my comp. to veiw my pics by using thumbnais it does, and remeber's it.

ok, try this....go to a picture & right click it, then scroll down to properties

in there click the change button, now you can choose what program to use to open your pic and it should remember your settings.

Back
Top Bottom