Xeon , P4 ???!!! lost....

ExGamer

In Runtime
I was lookin at new egg for when i go to build my next pc, and i was lookin at a dual board....Xeon , but it was kind of pricey....I was wondering how good is it really...? xeon i mean .

NO! What I meant is that is you go and buy it at the price they sell it, you certainly won't say its' a pile of sh-t! You'll say [thinking about how much you paid and what you could have got instead].....it's the best computer I ever had! which would be bs.

Xeons, especialy dual. Wont do ANYTHING in terms of a home user. They are for servers for sure. Beleive me..

However i do suggest a nice AMD 64 :D

lol. Like i said FIRST, they are for servers and are meant to be extremly stable. You do not need them...let me repeat, you do not need them! While your at it, stay away from Intel.

Anyway, I thought that Windows XP Home and Professional only support a maximum of 2 CPU's? If I'm correct, the Hyperthreading in those CPU's would mean that Windows would then class is as a 4 CPU PC and not run - It's against the licence agreement. You would need to use an "overbloated for your purpose" Server MS OS or Linux.

Why not go dual opteron instead if anything, they now have SLI motherboards with the nForce 4 chipset for them :) - Opterons would kill the Xeons, and using 2 would also make Windows XP Home and Professional work fine, as they don't have hyperthreading (why would you need it when you have 2 CPU's anyway?)

Correct me if I'm wrong though, as software isn't my thing - I'm a hardware man (It's better, Hurts people more when you throw it at them)

Dual opt's 246's. Yummy. And even xeons cant support more then 4gb memory too. Your right about windows, windows 2003 server has some agreement with that too. Even MS SQL, crazy. Money grabbing F***s

Back
Top Bottom