XBOX Price Drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realtechtalk

Baseband Member
I'm just curious if anyone is more informed than I am about Microsoft's supposed price drop to $99US?

I think it was January 2004 that I read an analyst saying MS would drop the XBOX around E3 (2005) and soon after the XBOX 360 announcement.......

Come on Microsoft we're waiting!

matt2m said:
maybe but remember microsoft allready loses $100 a unit.

I realize this, although their whole strategy seems to be kill Sony at any cost by getting as many units into the home as possible.

My bet hopefully is that there has got to be a price cut with the release of XBOX 360 nearing, the theory I agree with is that they will want to get as many more XBOX 1's into the home to gain wider market share before their new system comes out.

That way it would stop people from buying PS2 as well and would give Microsoft a head start over PS3 kind of like what Dreamcast did, of course it reduced Sega to only producing software now :)

Well, I have seen Xboxs for like 108 at my local shop. Way less, like 70 for a used one.

realtechtalk said:
I realize this, although their whole strategy seems to be kill Sony at any cost by getting as many units into the home as possible.

My bet hopefully is that there has got to be a price cut with the release of XBOX 360 nearing, the theory I agree with is that they will want to get as many more XBOX 1's into the home to gain wider market share before their new system comes out.
This is typical of any product life cycle. Both Sony and MS has made there money. Especially in Christmas 2003 where X-Boxs and PS2 where hot items.

Part of it now it now is-

1. Get as many people hooked onto the PS2 or XB before the next generation comes out later this year.

2. Clear the retail supply channel of old stock. Most likely means that stores will be applying for things like price protection when they do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom