xbox 360 or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

avireX

Baseband Member
So what console are you going to be getting then? Im going to get an Xbox 360, as the Xbox seemed quite succesful, and the Xbox had better graphics then the ps2.

360, it will be more powerful out of the box than the PS3. The PS3 has the capability to be more powerful, if the cell tech takes off. However, you have the problem of if developers take full advantage or not.

avireX said:
as the Xbox seemed quite succesful, and the Xbox had better graphics then the ps2.
I really don't care what what it can and can not do graphically. If I just want better graphics, then I would just upgrade my video card on my PC.
When it comes consoles, the selling point for me is what type of games that are coming out on it.

And if the over all veriety of games titles and styles still continue the same trend as they have been, I see myself purchasing a PS3 before I purchase a XB360.

I basically means that you will not be seeing me lining up at EB Games at 12.01am to get my PS3 when they first come out.

When it comes down to which console is technically better, I think it will be a fair compairson to compair the PS3 with the XB360, as appose to PS2 with XB.
It seems that every one of these pointless XB vs. PS2 debates seem to forget that the XB was release about 12 later AFTER the PS2, therefore it's only natural that it would be better.

killians45 said:
360, it will be more powerful out of the box than the PS3. The PS3 has the capability to be more powerful, if the cell tech takes off. However, you have the problem of if developers take full advantage or not.
Any bet the Japanese and especially Korean devs (even more so if the Japs out sorce the Koreans) will. I find that the yank console game devs do not seem to do a good job of bringing out any console's true power.

360 for me I want to get halo 2.5 and 3.Halo 1&2 i play constantly while my PS2 collects dust I only use it for virtua fighter and GT4 and some others.

Xbox 360 has a more powerful processor than PS3 (3.2 Ghz) and it has a custom-designed ATI graphics card just for the 360. It is only gonna be $300 :) Finally, it has a 20GB DETACHABLE HD. What else can you ask for? I already pre-ordered mine for $50 at EB Games.

actually since they both don't come out until another year or so how the hell do you guys know whats more powerful!?

you know im right so don't bother arguing any further.

I'm not getting either, but I'd go 360. I'm all about killing sony.

Plus, PS2 just peeved me off so much, I dont want to have to go through that again.

And I don't buy cell...

Wow, some very interesting stuff here...

Hmmm... XBox 360 more powerful (or better graphics, same difference) then PS2??? Wow really? I would have never guessed, well, just curious, what does that have to do with XBox 360 VS PS3. PS3 is more powerful then XBox. They are 2 different generations. Hay NASA's supercomputers are more powerful then PCs. PCs must be really shitty huh?

I don't have a perferance yet, but whatever decision I make won't be based on how powerful PS2 was...

Qwert said:
I don't have a perferance yet, but whatever decision I make won't be based on how powerful PS2 was...
Good Point.

Like i really do not understand how people are going to by a XB360 or PS3 just based on specs and graphical capability.

It's the games that make it for me.
Think about it.... DOOM III on PC had nice graphics, but game play still sucked! Same goes with Unreal II : The Awakening.

Do people just by consoles for the games, or just for the pretty pictures it produces on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom