xbox 360 is really loud...

I think they already started doing that. They used to use these Samsung ones and supposedly they got replaced with BenQ ones which are supposed to load slightly faster and the spin motor is quieter.

alvino said:
I think they already started doing that. They used to use these Samsung ones and supposedly they got replaced with BenQ ones which are supposed to load slightly faster and the spin motor is quieter.

yeah i read that somewhere too. The 2nd (3rd?) gen 360's are suppose to be much better.

Yeah, I believe I've probably gotten an older version too :(

Never the less, I always store it vertical by the TV, and when I decide to play, lay it horizontal and turn it on. Always done it that way, since I found when you opened the DVD tray with it vertical, the DVD span round somewhat while exiting, since it has no real support.

Eh, it depends. The Xbox 360 is probably the noisest all around. When you're playing games, watching movies, browsing the menu etc. The Wii is louder. :p It's completely quiet when you're browsing the Wii Menu or making Miis, but when you slip in a disc and it starts reading it, it's SOOO loud. You can even hear the laser head moving around trying to read the disc. :eek: Blehh...

They were okay. When I copied CD's to the hard drive it got kinda loud, but during games it was pretty quiet.

My H-L hitachi and samsung DVD xbox drives were very nice. Sooo quiet no matter what i'm doing. Thompson drives (which only appeared in first gen xbox's..)

Back
Top Bottom