Xbox 360 controller on a Ps3

Your probably thinking of my thread. I got mine a few weeks ago for $49 through a third party seller on amazon. Looks like they have jacked the price up to $69 now though.

I've only tested it on 3 games so far. Crash commando's, Far Cry 2 and Kill zone 2.

It does work pretty well and is probably the cheapest way to do it. There are a few downsides though. Sixaxis doesn't work and vibration doesn't work. Also it seems it will lock up occasionally. It seems very random when it happens. When it locks up you have no input and the control stays stuck in your last movement.

IE if your firing away on someone while turning and it locks up you'll end up running in the direction your pointing and keep firing your gun until you unplug it and re plug it in. It sucks when your in the middle of a fire fight and it happens. But overall I think the control I gained over the DS3 is worth the occasional lock up.

I can't comment on the turbo functions because I've never bothered trying them.

Your only other option would be to do a PS3 to 360 controller mod. Which means you'd need to buy a PS3 and 360 controller and tear them apart and replace the guts. It looks fairly complicated and I just didn't feel like spending $100 on controllers and mess something up.

XCM is the cheap effective way to do it. Just plug it in and it works. One other thing is you lose the ability to turn the PS3 on with the PS button. You need to turn it on then hit the center button on the 360 pad to turn it on.

Edit: After looking it looks like they have updated it with rumble support. Probably why it costs $20 more now. I guess if I really want rumble back I'll just plug in my DS3.

I've tried the DS3s unlike the DS2s on the PS2 they seems flimsy, nasty tacky bits of kit. I preferred the PS2 controller to the Xbox controller, but i prefer the X360 controller to the PS3 controllers.

Back
Top Bottom