xbox 360 and my LCD

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Ok guys....im getting a xbox 360 when they come out. I want to play it to the max with high def and all that good >stuff<. But I have a ATI 9600pro card in my comp and a tv tuner. so........... if I hook that baby up to the tunercard and I should be able to play on my LCD moniter right?....in high def?

>edited for language< Please control your language

I think so , although u will experience slow down, e.g. u press a button on the controller and there is a slightly noticable in crease in the time it takes for the image to reach the screen, if u get what i mean. Also is ur lcd high def capable???

Arent all like the lcd moniters high def?........cuz mine is some 20" gateway one..... uh...oh.....and new moniters are frigging expensive.

nope not all are high def capable!! I'd check the specs are ask the tech team at gateway if its capable??

I dont think it is!! It doesn't have any component in connectors, but i may be wrong, wat do other peeps think??

If your monitor has a high definition connection, or HD connection, you shouldn't have to run through your tuner card, as it'd be as simple as plugging the XBOX 360 straight into the screen via the HD cable which should come with it since the xbox 360 is HD ready.

What you'll need to do then is check for this. If not, you might be able to get a HD to VGA convertor to connect the HD cable to the xbox, and straight throguh to your monitor, which might be possible.

If not, you can just go through the tuner card, though quality won't be as good as most only hav RCA cables (red, white, yellow) sockets, and so colour bleeding will occur on the images :(

I hope this helps :)

ok i looked at the back of my moniter......All there is a power cord..... some weird white thing.... looks like the one on my videocard too... and the normal blue connector. So...heh no hd for me I think.... but what were u saying about getting a connector for somthing?

Jeez, is your fetish to get every top-of-the-line product out?! Last time I remember you wanted SLI because games would be pointless without it or something....my memory isn't so good, but I remember something like that.

well it was acutally that but then I found out that it acutally wasnt like 2 cards....eg..2gig of video power...so im setteling for a x850xt pe.....and also.....my friend got me hooked on halo.... and yes...I awalys get top of the line stuff because I can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom