Xbox 2 running Longhorn

plague1

In Runtime
I am not sure if this is true(I even doubt it) but my friend(who is not know for lying much) told me that microsoft is planning to run Longhorn on their PC edition xbox which is suppose to come out with the arrival of Longhorn a year after xbox 2.

If any one has any info on this matter please reply. THANK YOU.

Whatever.... Microsoft sucks, everything they do is shit, and they are dumbasses with monopolisitic views on the world. Linux will destroy them (if I don't first)

This is possible, but may limit sales to younger buyers. They will probably question the reliability of longhorn and wish that it was XP or windows 2000.

I see that AMD ZEN has personal issues with Microsoft(not that I dont). But the question is do you think it is likely.

P.S. what type of Linux do you run Zen

c'mon... computing wouldn't be nearly the same without microsoft, and it is by far the market leader which says something. I'm not saying there not flawless (f**cking SP2!) I think they are all overcapitalist as well. but lets face it, the world of computers is theres. you can have a linux, but linux is gonna have to do something big to overtake microsoft, also linux isn't nearly as user-friendly which a lot of people don't like. In the end microsoft will prevail and i honestly don't think theres anything anyone can do about it. i'm not a microsoft fanboy or anything i'm just reading it the way it is.

cheeseman222 (oh yeah, if longhorn does run on xbox 2 along with all the other things there putting into them and ps3's i think there are gonna be atleast $500 which is a bit to expensive for lots of people, they should rethink some of this)

#1 ps2 when it first came out was 400 dollars and everyone bought them.
#2 ps3 is not coming out for a looooong tiiiiimeeee

I have heard that the xbxo 2 will have its own version of longhorn, i'm positive it will, but only the pc version!!

ps3 will be out be xmas this year. Who said it wont be coming out for a long time...gotta read a bit my man.

but if ps3's are gonna have 4.0 ghz chips that gonna cost a ton to make, i think if they settled for 3 ghz and a cheaper ps3 that would be smarter, and also are these "gaming" consoles, why do they even need os's?

cheeseman222

The Xbox2 With longhorn is going to be their PC edition. it need an OS because it will not only be a gaming console but a media center.

Back
Top Bottom