XBMC..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
The other day I had a friend \ Cousin come and ask if I could look at his computer because he couldn't get XBMC ( X Box Media Center ) Working so I managed to Fix the issue and install some Plugins which will work over the Net and downland content live for him.

I'm curious to know if anyone can recommend an alternative for the Windows OS. I've been reading up on XBMC and from what I've seen its a Cross Platform Media Center for the likes of Android, Linux and Mac ECT:

Any Good alternatives anyone can suggest in what I could look in too. I'm looking for a simple User Interface, with a Good support network and a good range of content.

You mean for a dedicated media center type thing?

Well there's XBMC (now called Kodi) and Mythbuntu, which are both Linux based. It's just a collection of software that will run on top of any debian-based (and probably other distros - haven't looked at it much) distro.

There's also Plex for Windows/Linux. Though the Plex Home Theatre (like XBMC and Mythbuntu) doesn't work on Linux yet. The Plex Media Server (just a transcoder/web interface) worked on Windows/Linux/Mac.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom