XB2776QS iiYama monitor

Enfrance

Beta member
I have just bought the above monitor but I think I might have boobed.

The maximum resolution I can get is 2048 x 1152 which apparently is due to the graphics running off the mother board. I would obviously like to achieve the maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 but I assume I will need a graphics card.

My question is; in order to achieve this resolution, is there a graphics card that will be able to run from a 380 watt power source?

I don't need a card for games, just able to handle a photo editing program while using the extra resolution.

What type of motherboard do you have? Also what type of video cable?

My word that was quick, iFargle :)

The motherboard is a Gigabyrte GA-B85M-D3H and I'm using the DVI-D dual link cable supplied with the monitor.

I've had a look on the net for a suitable graphics card but frankly my expertise isn't up to being sure I would choose the correct one.

Ah yep, the manual states a max resolution of 1920x1200x60Hz on the onboard graphics.
What's your budget for the video card? I'd recommend something like a GTX 750

With the exchange rate at the moment it would equate to around 100 to 130 American dollars - that's about 80 to 100 Euros. If this is unrealistic please do say so. I will then have to consult Mme Enfrance if you know what I mean.:)

Is the power restriction a big problem?

That would be about 130€ here. Is it possible that a card like this is a bit of overkill? Judging by the description it is very much a gamers item or is this the type of card that is needed to obtain the resolution I am after?

PP, thanks for that but I'm hung up on my power supply at 380 watts. Will the GT 740 use more? The gt 750 is shown as using 300 watts.

Back
Top Bottom