x800xt or 2 x 6600gt?

towly

In Runtime
Im considering whether to get a regular 64/pci-e board and a x800pro (flash it to a xt) or get a sli board and get a 6600gt and when I need it, get another 6600gt and run it in sli?

Id get a crossfire board, then when you want to upgrade in the future you can by a more uptodate card, with sli, you cant do that.

hmmmmm kind of a hard decision both two 6600gts in sli is better than one x800pro flashed to xt.

The Amish Kid said:
Well is the x800pro even crossfire compatible?

Yes. All Radeon X series video cards are CrossFire compatible.

Just get a RD480 CrossFire motherboard and CrossFire it with a X850 XT PE CrossFire Edition card. If I were you, invest in a X800 GTO2. It's way better. You can easily flash the BIOS to a X850 XT PE and overclock it to the X850 XT PE's speeds for way cheaper.

The two 6600 GT's won't offer much performance considering the price you're paying. At best, you're going to get on par with a 6800 Ultra if you overclock.

i would say definitly x800xt

or if u wanna get SLI later then u should go 6600gt

crossfire mobos arent out yet i think
but video cards that are crossfire ready are out

crossefire kinda sux if you plan on going higher than 60 hz on your monitor. Also, the max resolution is 1600 1200 so that kinda sux too. But if you got a nice little 17 in monitor like me, that's just fine.

Crossfire is kinda quirky to me. It's gonna be higher priced than SLI, and you will have to buy a special "master" card. But we'll have to see. my info may be wrong. i really hope so. Very much, as i currently hvae a x800xl.

From my point of view, I would get sli just because it's a lot more stable and does a great job versus just one x800. Crossfire is good too but right now, with the greater x1800 series and all them lesser cards out, you might want to stick with sli because the prices will drop and you can a good board for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom