x700pro vs 6600gt

russells

Solid State Member
i was told the 6600gt pciex was alot better than the x700 pciex, but ive been looking at benchmarks and the x700 seems to have better performance at a much lower price.
can someone explain to me which is better?

The ATI x700 is about the same as the Geforce 6600GT, yet the most 6600GT cards can be overclocked an awful lot, and 3D benchmarks don't actualy matter for real gameplay. You'll find that the Geforce 6600GT is actually slightly better and excels in areas.

The Geforce 6600GT is actually rather cheap for a mid budget video card which will play the latest games great at high resolutions and settings

i know a few people tha have 6600 gts and they are all very happy with how cheap it was for a card that could do so much, on the other hand i dont know one perdon who bought and X700 or any other new ATI card
nvidia seems to be much more popular now and seems to be better in some cases

i have a MSI NX6600gt pci-ex and its amazing. it plays doom 3 high settings 800x600 with almost no lag, full settings on CSS and HL2. its just amazing. and for only $305.00 canadian im happy as anything. this costs less than the 9800 costs in canada and yet owns it in everything. very please. dont got ATI unless you want x800 or higher

I would strongly recommend the 6600GT over the X700. Nvidia has the mid range and upper-mid range market by the balls. ATI holds the niche card spot (top 1%).

http://www.digital-daily.com/video/gigabyte-geforce-6600gt/index03.htm

The Nvidia 6600GT (in this case one by Gigabyte) takes the lead 70% of the time in those tests. Certainly ATI wins in a few, but Nvidia wins in twice as many tests.

http://www.digital-daily.com/video/gigabyte-geforce-6600gt/index04.htm

ATI wins a few of the gaming tests but the less important games, Nvidia 6600GT wins Doom 3 and Far Cry outright.

Money: The Nvidia comes out on top of most games. HL2 isn't specified in that source. And if you want cruddy drivers, sure go with ATI. But you agreed with me.. don't get an ATI if you go with an X800 (even that's debateable, as the 6800 is better then the X800)

its not really fair to have the x700 against NVIDIA's based OPENGL games and then have no ATI (whatever they use) games. they shouldn have HL2 and a few others in there not a bunch that will lean towards nVidia

money_man said:
its not really fair to have the x700 against NVIDIA's based OPENGL games and then have no ATI (whatever they use) games. they shouldn have HL2 and a few others in there not a bunch that will lean towards nVidia

They did specify some ATI leaning games. If you would actually read my sources, maybe you would understand.

well i prefer not to since i already knwo the 6600gt is better than the x700. go x800+ or 6600gt or 6800gt+

Back
Top Bottom