X-Men Leaked Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
The news is 2 hours old found here:

'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' leaked to Web - CNN.com

I can see it now, hundreds of people not going to see hugh jackman on a big theatre screen or IMAX because of some cheesy unfinished product.

Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor did it before the release of his 'With Teeth' album. I know, this is a rather 'direct' way of getting a film in it's complete form but really it sounds like an extended teaser.

I haven't seen this illegal copy myself and I think that the film will do exceptionally well, despite it's illegal distribution. It's like someone stealing a car off of the production line without the safety features.

Yeah i think Osiris had a post about this somewhere as well? Maybe.

But yeah i seen this already out there. YouTube has had to remove every attempt to upload the material. I am sure the guy from the studio that is doing the work print is in some trouble or already lost his job for leaking this.

But yeah i have seen the full movie out there. I wont bother with it cause it isnt worth seeing it as a work in progress. I will watch the behind the scenes stuff if i want to see it in progress. :p

In the post it was brought out that the FBI is involved, a little late within maybe 20 hours of the leak sources and some decent math on my end put it at 100,000 copies 'out there' online. Man, you too? I was trying to be positive about the movie, I am a sucker for decent effects and you know, x-men, there an iconic symbol. I'll either see it in theatres or see the star trek film which, ironically enough HASNT BEEN LEEKED. Hmm. I smell a conspiracy?

I would see it and have the chance to, i just dont want to. If i have the urge to watch a incomplete film i will watch the making of specials on the DVD's.

But honestly to me this is nothing short of a stunt. First it is Wolverine, not X-Men. 2nd it is his time with Team X, again not X-Men. I think the only thing that is at all considered X-Men is the fact they show Cyclops.

To me it should have just been named Wolverine. They should have left the X-Men out of it. Even with Origins. For that they should show Professor X's start on how he got the school going and that. Ohhh wait, they already have a movie coming out about Magneto that will have Xavier in it.

To me it is going to be a flood of the movie market with all the X-Men stuff they will have. Great comic, decent movies, but now they are trying to hard to make more money from it.

Milking a worn old cow.

I remember x-men from the television cartoon, I was kind of estatic about the first movie but, i don't know. Have you ever seen such a film that was a little over-blown but, none of the characters actually face a legitimate 'villain'. Yes it was magneto but I couldn't get into the flow of the film focusing primarily on the love triangle between cyclops jean grey and wolverine.

You are right, incomplete films are better viewed in home. I did it with Constantine, there was so much more to the film with all of the deleted scenes the bonus disk had to offer. I personally haven't seen the film, still expect some hype to build around the what -- maybe 200,000 copies distributed online now?

How could this be a stunt? Why would they allow it to go online then try and investigate it, doesn't seem like a very trustworth ethical thing to do.

I am sure the guy from the studio that is doing the work print is in some trouble or already lost his job for leaking this.

Maybe they buried him in a foot locker out in the desert. This is Hollywood we're talking about.

If ($$ lost due to leak) > (cost of removing leaker) then (leaker disappears)

Anyone with any sense will stay as far away from this thing as possible. Both the FBI and the MPAA are all over it. Just like how those who downloaded the last Star Wars movie before release were tracked down, so it will be with this one.

Let me add that, should this thread detour into illegal activity, it will be shut down immediately.

Maybe they buried him in a foot locker out in the desert. This is Hollywood we're talking about.

If ($$ lost due to leak) > (cost of removing leaker) then (leaker disappears)

Until I find ample evidence that the 'leaker' is in fact buried some where I'll take my pick axe and shovel to the nevada desert, or barstow there is a long strip of land out there! :D

Anyone with any sense will stay as far away from this thing as possible. Both the FBI and the MPAA are all over it. Just like how those who downloaded the last Star Wars movie before release were tracked down, so it will be with this one.

Let me add that, should this thread detour into illegal activity, it will be shut down immediately.

Not going to touch on the subject of where people are getting these files. They are watermarked like a lot of 'screener' releases according to the article. Iam more interested in tracking methods, it's strange that it would go this far so quickly.

-

I think of it as a real problem, maybe even foreboading of new releases in the coming years. Sure, it has trackers, incomplete , etc etc. They(Fox) wants to make a profit, so they can re-release the thing on a DVD boxset if they so wish. But! What can they really do to prevent this in the future? It's like preventing the common cold, but in computers, a virus that starts out small and spreads like wild fire wrecking havoc on your computer.

My guess is that tracking comes down to finding out where the thing went first and subpoena-ing the ISP's to see who downloaded from that original source. The FBI/SBI then looks at their history and/or threatens them into telling where they put it and so on...

It's just a freaking movie though - MPAA/RIAA are just a bunch of Nazi's IMO.

Do you see this kind of mobilization to track down... say... children? Rapists? not usually. The only time you get an overt effort at finding children is when the likes of Bill O'Reilly makes a big stink about something on the news.

Ooh, big shot jerk**** lose a few dollars because of downloads and leaks? That warrants more search effort than little kids? I'd like to see facts and figures about how much resources is devoted towards the interests of the MPAA and RIAA rather than private citizens.

Seriously, it out to be declared Unconstitutional for the Media Nazi's to press charges against individual citizens.

But honestly to me this is nothing short of a stunt. First it is Wolverine, not X-Men. 2nd it is his time with Team X, again not X-Men. I think the only thing that is at all considered X-Men is the fact they show Cyclops.

To me it should have just been named Wolverine. They should have left the X-Men out of it. Even with Origins. For that they should show Professor X's start on how he got the school going and that. Ohhh wait, they already have a movie coming out about Magneto that will have Xavier in it.

From the looks of this movie, it involves the characters and team from the cartoon series (gambit, sabertooth, etc.). Also, what I am confused by is just what was wolverines original power? Was it the ability to re-grow tissue AND the claws? I always thought it was just the healing ability and that the claws and metal body was done to him by that military agency or whatever.

I do agree that it should have just been called Wolverine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom