X-Box VS PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When upgrading to a new generation console, I chose to go with the PS2 initially, as the PS1 was my games machine of choice (even though I owned a SEGA DREAMCAST at the time).

After a while I played a few games on the XBOX (Halo in particular) which made me part exchange the PS2 for the XBOX.

Now, a year after purchasing the XBOX (which was also co-dependant on the fact that Rockstar Games were going to produce a copy of GTA3 with enhancements), Im still happy that I got the XBOX. I just miss the PS2, because the GTA franchise was bought by SONY. :mad:

After reading a recent article though - Rockstar are bringing their award winning franchise to the XBOX!!! (Hopefully with the chance to burn your own 'choons' and do a drive-by to some
'50 Cents'!).

Can't Wait.................................................:p

whats in a name?

whos cares what the name is, all i care about is that an enhanced versoin of gta 3 and vice city is coming to xbox, bundled in one package, and its gonna be sweet!!!!!

Right now Sony is fighting this and its highly doubful the actual game will be on Xbox since it is a PS2 'exclusive' They will need to do 'more than just change the name' for this to compensate says one Sony exec.

Vice City to Xbox

Recently, speculation has circled the video game community about Rockstar bringing the Grand Theft Auto series to hopeful Xbox owners. This May, CEO of Take Two Interactive, Jeffery Lapin was quoted saying, "there will be an Xbox SKU from Rockstar in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004 but we're not going to comment on what it is at this point." Of course, anyone who read this immediately thought of the company's most popular franchise: Grand Theft Auto. Certain sources are today commenting that it does indeed look like the title Take Two is alluding to a GTA game.

Kind of. The Grand Theft Auto games are a Playstation exclusive. Word is that Rockstar plans to release "Grand Theft Auto Vice City" on the Xbox simply titled "Vice City" - thereby magically disassociating it with GTA. Interesting. Can they do that?

Assuming all of this is true and more than speculation and codswallop, Xbox owners could probably look forward to improved graphics over the PS2 version and also a custom radio station using the Xbox hard drive (which is an option for the already released PC version). Expect more on this news as it breaks, right here at Gaming Horizon

official xbox mag says

there will be a vice city/gta 3 bundle out for xbox either for holidays or early next year, so i take their word for it.

i dont care what its called, final fantasy by any other name would be just as sweet

Just my two cents, but I would take an XBOX over a PS2 7 days a week and twice on sunday..

But then again, Bill Gates is my Hero..

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom