X-box 360's frame rates

Kage

Golden Master
You know with PC's, a lower resoloution will mean a higher frame rate?

Well, is it the same with the X-Box 360? If you have a HD TV capable of the highest resoloution, would it go slower, than if you had a standard TV only capable of 640x480?

Or would it always output at the highest, and some converter would lower it?

Also, if you had a slightly smaller HD TV, would it go through the same process?

30fps i believe, but with motion blur it seems about 60, or so the legend goes. Let me tell ya, it looks freakin amayzing, i just got back from walmart.

"30fps i believe, but with motion blur it seems about 60"

Wouldn't motion blur slow down the system more? Not increase the framerate?

I don't mind games being at 30fps though if they are fully utilising the hardware, and its not because of hardware or the developer not being up to scratch.

I don't think the question was understood though. You know with a PC you can switch resoloutions? And for instance if at 640x480, you get 70fps, but at 1024x748 you get only 50 or something, would the XBOX 360 perform in the same way when using different resoloution output TV's?

For example someone has a HDTV capable of the full XBOX resoloution, and another guy has only a 640x480 standard TV set.
When plugging the XBOX 360 into both, would the XBOX 360 send out the full HD signal all the time? Or when using a standard TV for example, will the resoloution be dropped, and not just converted to increase frame rates on the consoles part, since it shouldn't have to work as hard?

So really, depending on the TV screen you have, the faster or slower the console will run.
Though developers will work getting games as fast as they can in teh highest HD, so if this was true, it wopuldn't be a problem if they aimed for 30fps at the highest.

Neither way, I can pull 170 fps with my VIA intergrated video...when idle. When moving, 120 fps

What? :s

Read what I've put lol...I think I'm asking rather a simple question. Its just if anyone has the answer.

Hehe, its a rather good question then huh? :p And yes, much better now.

It can't be just some kind of convertor really can it, changing a high res HD interface to a regular TV screen? Or in between?
Since HD is digital, you'd expect the console to output at different resoloutions, rather than a signal risking loosing clarity by scanning it down digitally.

Well I guess it really matters on the video output on the xbox 360, if it does output in HD then I would asume it would have a set HD Frame rate, otherwise I'm sure if you pluged it into a HD tv while it didn't have a HD video output, it owuld just have a normal un HD video output. in my personal opinion I really don't think it would change the FPS at all, because it's all at end, theres not comunication between the TV and the xbox at all, just output from the xbox thats all. So, if you had a HD tv and the xbox 360 had HD output, all the power to you, but if it just outputs normal signal video, having a HD tv will not affect the Frame rate at all.

Hope that answers your question.

chris

Yeah thanks, I didn't think about it having an FPS lock.

Thats probably right.
The FPS would always be set to the limit it gets when set to the highest HD resoloution, so probably about 30-60fps depending on the game.

That clears things up. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom