Wth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, i got sick of helping people after nobody said thanks...so i just reside in the OT

then here is the question...why help? if there is no gratitude..no appreciation...why even bother helping them? if they can't take time to thank you, then why should you take your time to help them?

then here is the question...why help? if there is no gratitude..no appreciation...why even bother helping them? if they can't take time to thank you, then why should you take your time to help them?

You shouldn't expect people to say "thank you" all the time.

The gratification comes from the fact that you did something, your opinion ment something and influenced someone in some way.

Go back and time and check yourself on all the times that someone has helped you, not just on this forum, but at every moment in time that you have exsisted, did you always say thank you to them no matter how small or large the assistence may have seemed from your perspective? You cannot sit there and tell me with a straight face that you have said thank you to everyone for everything.

Just be gratified in that you did something, you gave your opinion on a situation or circumstance and it influenced someone.

how do you know for certain it did influence something?...i'm just sick of people who think we somehow "owe" it to them to help them...or to do anything for that matter, i see the internet as nothing more than a text version of the world around us, and frankly, I'm disgusted by 95% of the people i meet everyday.

Some say the golden rule applies here, and it does, but i know that if you look at ANY post i've ever made on this forum or any other forum asking for help, you'll know that i've always either said thanks in advance for the help, or have thanked the person for helping me.

now i'm not saying that every time somebody did something nice to me i said thank you...because if i did, I'd be a liar.

as for self gratification....it doesn't cut it for me every single time...which is why i stopped posting in the help forums, because after so many hundreds of posts I got tired of the thankless job, to which i may return one day when i see fit.

p.s. feel free to flame me for anything i say....if helping people who don't say thanks floats your boat...the keep doin' it!

how do you know for certain it did influence something?...i'm just sick of people who think we somehow "owe" it to them to help them...or to do anything for that matter, i see the internet as nothing more than a text version of the world around us, and frankly, I'm disgusted by 95% of the people i meet everyday.

Some say the golden rule applies here, and it does, but i know that if you look at ANY post i've ever made on this forum or any other forum asking for help, you'll know that i've always either said thanks in advance for the help, or have thanked the person for helping me.

now i'm not saying that every time somebody did something nice to me i said thank you...because if i did, I'd be a liar.

as for self gratification....it doesn't cut it for me every single time...which is why i stopped posting in the help forums, because after so many hundreds of posts I got tired of the thankless job, to which i may return one day when i see fit.

p.s. feel free to flame me for anything i say....if helping people who don't say thanks floats your boat...the keep doin' it!

I am influencing your thoughts right at this moment just as you are influencing mine. We influence anyone that reads our posts, or anyone we come in contact with or talk with. Thats not to say the influence will be small or large but it is still an influence none the less.

Now I am not saying your not justified in being disgusted, because noone, as you say is as gratified as they should be when they are helped or assisted, but, it still won't change the fact that we will never allow OT posts to count.

I guess its less annoying and aggravating if you don't expect it in the first place.

Now we all have different reasons for doing whatever it is we do, but I will say this. I don't help people on this forum to be thanked or to recieve gratification or even to enjoy myself. I do it for a reason far more complex that I am not comfortable sharing at the moment in time. But it will be said at somepoint in the future.

H4x3r, im agreeing with you here. Its really irritating when you take time to give them sound advice, and then dont even thank you for it.

But, the worst is when you give advice to a new member which is correct and then they argue with you about it, and say that you are clueless. That really annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom