Wtf

aaron_cg

Solid State Member
Well here we go, while I am not a computer nerd (no offense intended) I am not a noob either to computers but this has happened and I am at my wits end...

This morning when I booted up my pc, all of the black pixels, are now green. This happened about a year ago and I was able to fix it at home, for free. I just got off the phone with tech support, and as I thought it would be, they where useless.

All i need is a solution for this without having to go out and buying a new monitor.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Push the "menu" button on your LCD. Does the issue happen in the menu itself, or just the image from your computer?

If it happens in the menu, your monitor is probably messed up. Confirm by using a different cable with a different computer.

If the blacks are normal in the menu, it means the issue is with the signal. Replace your cable. If that doesn't help, try a different connection on the monitor (if applicable) then a different computer.

I tried that all to no avail, other than the new cable... I was however able to go into the video cards control panel and tweak the contrast, brightness enough to make it look normal, other than when i play a game like black ops, just going to have to put up with it for now...

Also this just happened, like randomly, Ive been surfing, gaming, etc... all week no problems, then blam, this happens this morning.

Are you using VGA or DVI/HDMI? I remember weird things happening when pins got bent on CRT monitors.

Post a photo with and without the monitor's menu open.

i took screen shots and they look normal on another computer (my laptop)

the connection is a DVI-D

Sounds like what happens to an xbox 360 just before it red rings. Same problem with different monitor?

Actually screenshots DO help. If they appear normally on another monitor, then it's not the system itself, that isolates it as a monitor / physical problem. The video card is outputting normally, but something in the physical world is dead or dying.

Back
Top Bottom