Wtf!!!!!

I have no idea...

I never saw that thread, but I guess it could work. I wouldn't risk it though in my case.
I think this CPU I have only has 512kb of L2 cache, and its probably set up right.

It seems Windows automatically tries to find the right amount, and may not get the full amount or something if its true.

I remember their being another thread a step by step guide to enabling your cache I could dig it up for you if you want I think that it is in Arrozx's thread of guides lol

I was just wondering if the default setting is to not use the L2 cache?
Becasue I paid extra for the extra cahce on the 4400+ so I'd like to know that my money isnt being wasted, or wether I should do what the guide says to enable it.

No it wasnt that.
It automatically finds the cache.
Not that it doesn't find it, so its possible from that thread at least (though I dont know how), that it might not be finding it all.

So manually setting the amount might improve things. Can't think what would happen if you manually set the wrong amount though.

Right, not sure wether i should try it out or not. Screw it, I'll have a look and decide on the spot, spur of the moment kinda thing!

Backup your registry first, then try it. If it goes all horribly wrong, just restore your registry.

Yeh it seems to have made a difference during startup. I didnt backup the registry but all seems to be fine so glad i didnt cock it up.

Back
Top Bottom