Wtf is up with ebuyers prices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
And computer stores in general..Every day prices seem to be rising. I got my E6850 @ £112, it's now £170. The Q6600 was £135, it's now approaching £160. Why ? i know there's a recession and that, but i don't notice this much of a price increase on nearly all other goods available to buy online. Are computer parts made in america or something which makes them particularly expensive to import now ? One things for sure, my Core i7 rig is getting further and further away..:mad: I do hope this doesn't go on for long.

Q6850 = old.

Q6600 = old.

Newer chips should be cheaper since theyre still produced...i believe those older chips arent made anymore and just extra stock.

Stop tempting me lol that Q9550 OEM is looking rather tempting especially being £35 cheaper then the 9450. OCUK have screw ups aswell they had an open box striker 2 formula open box at £999 then lower down said previous retail price £240 I called them up to enquire and they said the price was set and wouldn't be changed. What was it touched by god? ****ed on by the pope?

haha... i'm now seriously considering getting the following:

Core i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
3Gb G-Skill Tri Channel DDR3

I dont have £550, but it's £18 per month for 36months.. oh so very tempting :) i end up paying about £100 more by the look of things. hmm..

I prefer to buy my stuff cash.

Thats why i still havent applied for newegg credit...knowing myself i would end up with another Phenom II 940/GTX 295 rig just for folding lol.

okay, so this is extortianate. spend £600 on a 9 month plan and u wud repay over £1000.
Spend £600 on a 36month plan and id be repaying £750. Pfff... id go for it now, but how will i feel 2 years down the line, paying £20 per month for a prehistoric slowwww core i7 :eek:

@Rican

Haha, id be the same.. i can see how people end up in so much debt.. it's just so easy to take out a loan :D

I would only pay for watercooling on credit as it would be a fairly permanent thing. 3 years down the line I would hope to be using the same loop except with a slight difference in gpu and cpu blocks. Buying in credit is rarely a good thing unless its a last stop alternative you will always be stuck paying interest above the original cost of the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom