wtf is this icon about?

dude_se

Proper Legend
this keeps popping up then disappearing a while later. started doing it after i fiddled around with my network connections at school. everything else inc the net works fine, its just this is wierd...

4bol9at.jpg

any ideas?

no its not the connection im using. it says its a tv/video thing in network connections. @raffaz i mean the 2 computers. im only on wireless on my laptop

That's the icon for a network. Apparently it thinks you've got a network cable plugged in. If you don't, and want to get rid of that, go to:
- Control Panel
- Network Connections
- Right Click Local Area Connection 2 and hit Disable

It should go away in a second.

Ohhhhhh...

Do you have a video capture card of some type?

If you want to get rid of the icon anyway:
- Right-click Start Menu
- Properties
- Taskbar tab
- Customize...
- Change it to Hide When Inactive or Always Hide.

Apparantly this connection just appears sometimes if u install a driver like a tv out or tv tuner driver. Its hard to get rid of, one person said after several reboot he was able to disable it and he was never asked of it again, until he reinstalled a driver...

The microsoft tv enables streaming broadband tv from the internet.
It requires a broadband connection and uses the existing
connection you already have.
It installs a set of protocols to make it functional,but shouldn't
interfere with your connection unless in use.

found this on a site.

@ freestyler, yea i know i can do that. it rather just disable the bugger lol. as it happens i have this on my desktop aswell. i noticed that one a few days ago but havent tried to disable it. i dont think i have a vid capture card,
@anubis, hmmm, i havent installed any tv type stuff

Yeah I have had that come up a few times....usually when i'm watching winamp tv and things to do with streaming my capture card....usually a reboot gets rid of it, but I see what you mean it is quite annoying..

Matt

Back
Top Bottom