WRT54G v5 linksys router port forwarding problems..

korncob

Beta member
Well I've had this router (WRT54G v5) from linksys for about a year or so now and when I first got it I noticed problems with particularly games and some other random things like desktop sharing programs (VNC, etc.) and decided to check it out and figured out I had to "port forward". So I tried this and it didn't work then I went on the linksys chat support over 10 times probably more I'm not sure and I have STILL never fixed this...so I found this place and decided to go ahead and see if someone could help me with it.

What I tried :
I can't remember everything I tried but I know I did port triggering, changed the network ip addresses (had to do this because of a conflict or something that didn't let me get on the internet randomly) I've had windows firewall off and any antivirus programs I've had are always off...there are a ton of other things I tried like various settings but I can't remember them off the top of my head...

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks.

edit : Also I forgot something >_< it might not be the router because when I plug directly to the modem it still blocks every single port for almost everything I use (bittorent, starcraft, etc.)
Another thing kind of strange is that we pay for a 10mbps connection from verizon DSL and we only download at about 220kbs(with or without going through the router).

Also the modem model is Westell Model 6100 (if thats not it then tell me theres a sticker on the bottom with some stuff)

it may be your isp that is blocking things, you may want to contact them and tell give them what ports you need open and ask if they are being block/what they can do to open them if they are. If they say the ports are open reply back and we'll try some other stuff.

I called and they said they don't block anything cept port 80 because of the ftp I guess. What I did though was I tried to put my modem in bridge mode, didn't work (the internet said connected but no real connection) and then i put it back to router, enabled UPnP for torrents (helps it go faster I think), turbo TCP something (helps with uploading/downloading at the same time) and I port forwarded 2 of the games that won't let me host games because of the port (warcraft 3 and starcraft) so I'm going to edit and tell you if it worked or not.

Edit : It didn't work...tried it on 2 different thing.

Back
Top Bottom