Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadow

In Runtime
I just got offered a job at an energy company. It may be a little out of my league experience wise, but in the interview I was stressing how fast I learn and I guess he saw something he liked. I've gotten turned down to many jobs like this due to the old "Sorry we went with someone with more experience" phrase.

Here's a description of the job:

Duties:

Responsibilities include systems planning / maintenance, project planning, data management, report development, documentation and improving current process. Primary work environment is Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2005, also support .NET web application. Position will have administrator level responsibilities for two servers accessed by 6-10 users. Position will work with vendors as needed to facilitate accurate and timely transfer of data between systems.

Experiences, skills, and education needed:
Candidate will need a minimum of 3 years of experience in design and development of automated processes.
Prefer MCSD certification with a high level of skill and knowledge in:

- Visual Studio

- VB and ASP.NET

- SQL Server 2005
Stored Procedures
Table maintenance
Reporting Services
Data Warehouse

- MS Access
Forms
Reports
VBA programming

- MS Excel
Advanced Excel functions
VBA programming

- Adobe Acrobat

- SAS

Industry experience preferred but not required.

He offered me 48k + 4k sign on bonus. I'm so pumped I want to leave my current job right now lol.

just make sure you really actually know what you are doing....he could be inexperienced himself or just a believer in giving the beginner the shot...

you could leave your old job now, sign on...then you may not be able to cut it...then what? hehe

goodluck

I mean, I have general experience with SQL and database management system and VB programming etc. classes taken in getting my CIS degree but that was also 3-4 years ago. Since I've graduated I started at the bottom of the industry and have been trying to work my way up. I started off a weekend operator for a state govt. datacenter to full time to supervisor and in my current position I'm a Windows and mainframe administrator here. I know I have the capability, I just need to dive in headfirst at this new job, and work hard and, crack all the old school books back open(not to mention new ones).

Tell him youi want 50k with the bonus and its a deal.

75% of employers are willing to negotiate salary.

Sounds like a good deal, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly. It's not like you're going to have a total system failure your first day or anything. Just do like you said and crack the books open, relearn a few things, and you'll be fine.

This is where we get a thread with the folowing in it:

Title: ARGH! HELP! PLEASE HELP! TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE!

jorsoft03 you jinxed me I just got into my office for my first day at work an the servers blew up :O I am posting from my laptop but me an the janitor are standing in a smoking crater that used to be our sever room the poor sod was just going in there to change a lightbulb he droped his keys bent down to pick them up an the whole room exploded! He has turned the coulor of boiled shite an won't tell me where his mop on bucket have gone!!

This is where we get a thread with the folowing in it:

Title: ARGH! HELP! PLEASE HELP! TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE!

jorsoft03 you jinxed me I just got into my office for my first day at work an the servers blew up :O I am posting from my laptop but me an the janitor are standing in a smoking crater that used to be our sever room the poor sod was just going in there to change a lightbulb he droped his keys bent down to pick them up an the whole room exploded! He has turned the coulor of boiled shite an won't tell me where his mop on bucket have gone!!

I was thinking that same thought lol :). That would be some irony there.

sounds like alot of work, but not alot of pay.

but hey, if it works for you and it's a step up, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom