Wow....this must suck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A power company shut off the power to a home with a women inside that was using an electric oxygen pump to breath.......
[Source]

Um Yeah...... Actaully power companies are not allowed to do that if the is life support equipment being used in the house. Surely some one in the family should of contacted the electricity company in the first place to let them now that their is life support equipment being used in the house.

Well something worse, here the power isn't cut very often, and one it does it is for 10 minutes to half an hour, but when it is Sunday Morning and you are burning a dvd with important files on it and it is the last one you have and the stores are closed and you need to give it to a friend of yours who needs it in the evening and also unexpectedly the power cuts off when it is burned 98%, then you want to kill someone immediately.

ok not to be insesitive. If i had a machine that kept me alive I would consider battery or generator backup. What if there was a storm and the power was out for 2 days? The power goes out often where I live and everyone comes over for a little half life when the power is out. I would reccomend at least battery backups for any high end computer user.

ok not to be insesitive. If i had a machine that kept me alive I would consider battery or generator backup. What if there was a storm and the power was out for 2 days? The power goes out often where I live and everyone comes over for a little half life when the power is out. I would reccomend at least battery backups for any high end computer user.

I am just 14 years old, I could not afford something like that. At most computer shuts down unexpectedly owing to power overload cause in my apartment every electronic is on, the two refregators, the 4 Tvs, the two air-conditioners, the one pc (24h min), the laptop, the washing machine, the printer and other small electronics, so all those machines are overloading the net when other users are using energy up, that's why we pay a fortune to the month bill. I have to state that here in Greece there is no nuclear energy factory to produce a large amount of electricity, so when the power exceeds the limit of 5-6KW/H it automatically shuts down, except if you have subscribed to special equipment of the provider so that you can use up more than 20KW/H. What is the limit in the US? I'm curious!

there is no power limit in canada your bill jsut keeps going up
alberta has a surplus of power currently so its all good here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom