Wow Microsoft.......

Don't punch a hole in your wall.

Get a small fast hard drive with enough space for XP Pro and a few applications/drivers and dual boot.

Problem solved minus a wall with a crevice!

Both options will probably cost the same assuming you already have XP.

Sadly, the only XP I have is an older recovery disk from a different computer, and I'm 99.999999% certain that I won't have XP if I pop the recovery disk onto my computer.
I was considering XP for a while now. With 1tb total disk space, I still have plenty of room. Now, seeing is that I had already dual-booted with Ubuntu, I'm just wondering if it's possible / practical to triple boot, having Win7, XP, AND Ubuntu?

Windows can run games?

0.o

:p

anyway, ive got MW2 and Halo 2/3 on here (7 x64) works fine. its not the best (onboard graphics ftw right? RIGHT?) but it works.

Are you saying you have Halo 2 working on 7? Or were you implying that you miraculously aquired a PC version of Halo 3? :eek:

Sadly, the only XP I have is an older recovery disk from a different computer, and I'm 99.999999% certain that I won't have XP if I pop the recovery disk onto my computer.
I was considering XP for a while now. With 1tb total disk space, I still have plenty of room. Now, seeing is that I had already dual-booted with Ubuntu, I'm just wondering if it's possible / practical to triple boot, having Win7, XP, AND Ubuntu?

Are you saying you have Halo 2 working on 7? Or were you implying that you miraculously aquired a PC version of Halo 3? :eek:

i cant remember where i installed it or which one it is 0.o

but i know i have a halo on here somewhere. time to clear out my harddrive again.

i cant remember where i installed it or which one it is 0.o

but i know i have a halo on here somewhere. time to clear out my harddrive again.

Halo 1 and 2 were released for the PC/Vista and XBox. Halo 3 was released for the 360, though I think it should have been a PC release also.

I googled the issue, and tried a few things, downloading the Games for Windows Live and, nothing changed. Wikipedia explains that there is in fact a patch to remove the Windows Vista restriction. I couldn't find anything on Google yet, but has anyone else experienced the same issue with Halo 2? Where would you recommend I go to to find this patch?

What is Halo? Sounds interesting.
What is Steam?
Age of Empires II has poor landscape graphics on 7. Tried all different compatibility modes and options. Have to dual-boot XP to run it right. Maybe it's because of low graphics memory, though I made 7 look like Win2000 just to try. And I have 256 MB VRAM. Runs OK in a VirtualBox installation of XP. Just not as fast.

Back
Top Bottom