wow just found a p4 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
i was riding home from my friends house on my bike and then i saw something lying beside the curb, and i went to grab it. there was 2 computers, 1 was an old pentium 2 or 3, so i just grabbed the ram out of it. the other one, was a pentium 4 2.66 ghz (socket 775) with a radeon 9200 SE in it and ram sticks. i just brought it home. gunna test it later :)

im so excited lol

nice, im sure about in the UK but when garbage is set out for collection it is officially property of the garbage collection agency, so it might be stealing not sure though ;) if it was just lying there than someone probably just wanted people to take it

yea i find computers and bikes every few weeks
usually crappy computers...

BTW, im not in the UK...

i see you changed you location i thought you were in the UK, oh well, least i got the outside of the US right :p

nice, im sure about in the UK but when garbage is set out for collection it is officially property of the garbage collection agency, so it might be stealing not sure though ;) if it was just lying there than someone probably just wanted people to take it

no it's not. Thrown out things have no owner, and no privacy restrictions. If I wanted to, I could go through my neighbors garbage every Friday and take what I want. It's perfectly legal. It's all part of the search and seizure laws.

no it's not. Thrown out things have no owner, and no privacy restrictions. If I wanted to, I could go through my neighbors garbage every Friday and take what I want. It's perfectly legal. It's all part of the search and seizure laws.

hmmm i know its not yours, but i also know its not nobody's. all i know is basicly anyone can take stuff out of it, i always just thought that was because the garbage companies didnt care, less space to fill :p

hmmm i know its not yours, but i also know its not nobody's. all i know is basicly anyone can take stuff out of it, i always just thought that was because the garbage companies didnt care, less space to fill :p

Nope, while it's sitting waiting for the company to pick up, it's anybodies. However, once it's in that big smelly truck, then it is their property.

i was riding home from my friends house on my bike and then i saw something lying beside the curb, and i went to grab it. there was 2 computers, 1 was an old pentium 2 or 3, so i just grabbed the ram out of it. the other one, was a pentium 4 2.66 ghz (socket 775) with a radeon 9200 SE in it and ram sticks. i just brought it home. gunna test it later :)

im so excited lol

Aww man, lucky you! I got a friend who gave me a Celeron 900MHz to test. It was found in the garbage, so I didn't waste my time. I traded my PIII 550MHZ and I eventually revived the sucker! Runs hot under load, and cool unde idle. Case is black, but is shown it's painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom