Wow, I'm really starting to hate UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow yeah i've never had to sign for anything from newegg that was delivered by UPS. of course...i've known my UPS driver for 5 or 6 years (he delivers my payroll every week)...so if i have something coming that DOES require a sig...he either gets my parents to sign it (they live next door) or he *wink* signs my name for me and leaves it (ssshhhhhh!)

Hopefully. I'm having a sig-required item delivered to my mom's house on Monday. I asked my brother to watch for it and sign for it when it comes (usually around noon) and he said he would. Guarentee that won't happen, though, and I'll have to drag myself to their terminal and pick it up.

I went through the EXACT problem except I was actually at the delivery address... the guy didn't knock or anything and just left a note. I called UPS and they said I would have to wait until the next day. I started getting a little angry and said I need that package tonight. Eventually, she was able to allow me to go to the distribution center and wait for the guy to get back from his route. I had to bring the note and a drivers license that proved it was my package. Ended up waiting for 2-3 hours in the guard shack for my package.

I, too, hate UPS to no end. Fedex FTW!

Ok. But do you think if they don't listen to note, and take the package, that I could pick it up at the terminal on saturday? But how do I request to pick it up there if I want to?

You need to call them ASAP and ask to pick it up instead. You may have to give a bit of a stink about it like I did, but as long as you have your drivers license with you, they'll give it to you.

Ohh ok, so the note will probably not work? Do you think I could call them and tell them to leave it at the house without the signature instead of them leaving it at the terminal?

EDIT*
Ok so I just called UPS and I didn't really know where to start. Any help?

I had to just keep pressing Zero. Don't give up until you get an operator. It'll keep saying invalid, but don't give up. lol

Telling them to leave without a signature won't work... you can't prove over the phone that its really you that is supposed to get that package.

You must have gotten the DHL shipping or something (the 1-6 business day one). I've never had to sign for anything from Newegg, and I've had some pretty big orders myself.

Also, it's not UPS' fault that you are not home to collect your package. Rather than leave it on the doorstep to get stolen, they take it back to redeliver. It is odd that it needs a signature, but that is at the shippers request and also not UPS' fault. Just call them and tell them to either hold it at the terminal until you get home to pick it up, or tell them to hold it and deliver it on a day that you will be home.

Ok, I guess if they don't leave it, I'll just wait for them to redeliver it. Oh and I asked newegg about the signature thing and they said that it is the drivers decision to get a signature or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom