Wow I am getting free internet with wifi

ghostman1960@ya

Beta member
I just got a new laptop that is wifi ready. Well there is a section that shows all the wireless connections in the area. There are three unsecured networks. I tried them all and they work. Right now I am unplugged from my internet and on one of the networks. What are the pros and cons of using these? Is it ethical? Free internet sounds great but I dont know where these signals are coming from. They could be from the businesses down the road or one of the units in this complex. Would it be ethical to use these networks? I am new to this wireless stuff. Thanks.

I'm not sure if there are any laws against it. They can certainly know if you're on the network, but they'd have to have a simple program or be tech savvy. It's not exactly ethical by general moral standards as you are using the internet that someone else is paying for. But I would call it their fault for not securing the network. You're the decider as to whether it is within your moral standards or not.

:)

It depends. For the most part no, because you are sort of stealing their internet. But some people let their routers unsecure so that other people can use it, because they won't ever use all of the bandwidth. So I would say that for me, it's unethical unless you clear it with the person paying for it.

Personally Theres a guy next door with really good internet no security and i use it to download i think it not right but its there fault they can't be bothered to enter a Password

Oh well. I am back on my own connection. Its not worth any problems. It was just shocking to me that I could connect like that to those networks.

If the network isn't secured, you can connect to it anytime. Be weary, though. Your data is not exactly the safest like that.

Personally Theres a guy next door with really good internet no security and i use it to download i think it not right but its there fault they can't be bothered to enter a Password

Is it their fault if they can't be bothered to lock their door too?

the only way someone will know is if you're downloading on their connection, regular internet usage (web browsing, email, etc.) won't slow down their connection at all...

the only way someone will know is if you're downloading on their connection, regular internet usage (web browsing, email, etc.) won't slow down their connection at all...

That depend upon how well the monitor their local network. Don't you keep an eye on your network?

Back
Top Bottom