Would this system be good for games?

jim1

BSOD
i currently have a-
AMD Sempron 2800+ at 2 ghz
256mb DDR ram- going to get it upgreded to 512.
120gb hard drive
64mb shared graphics
Dvd drive
cd/dvd re-writer combo
windows xp home edition sp2.
just wondering what its performance would be like and what others think of my system.

depends what games you want to play. If its recent games, you will have a very hard time trying to play them due to the amount of RAM you have and your video card.

Not bad, if you would really like to see how it compares now to what it will compare to when you update the ram go here and register then use their scanner and let them benchmark it for you. They will compare it to others in the same categories and hardware and see what it is. They will then hold on the info for 90 days and when you upgrade then go back and compare the two and see the differences.This is a very safe site...
http://www.pcpitstop.com

The AMD Sempron should serve you well. Glad to see the RAM being upgraded...your main drawback is the Intergrated Graphics *winces*. What would be your budget for a graphics card, provided that you want to upgrade?

im not going to upgrade my graphics just yet becouse i have a tight budget and only can afford the memory upgrade.
but the intergrated memory i have is brilliant it runs conflict desert storm with exelent graphics.
would the 512mb mem make any diferance though?

Back
Top Bottom