would this be compatible?

It will work. I would recommend getting a SLI/Crossfire motherboard, depending on what video card you choose. It will come in handy a few months/years down the road.

^^ thanks. well then could you recommend me a motherboard and graphics card? I already bought an intel 3.0ghz cpu already.

That motherboard is fine. Gigabyte makes a quality board.

The only time you'll want a SLI or Crossfire motherboard is if you are planning on going with a dual video card setup.

The GTX 260 core 216 is a bit better than the HD 4870 and beats it in most tests.

From what I understand, the EVGA nForce 750i motherboard is a nice overclocker if you're into that. Either way, you can't go wrong with either of the motherboard choices.

That motherboard is fine. Gigabyte makes a quality board.

The only time you'll want a SLI or Crossfire motherboard is if you are planning on going with a dual video card setup.

If it's the same price, why not? You never know if you will need it down the road or not.

If it's the same price, why not? You never know if you will need it down the road or not.

If its the same price with the same features, than go for it.
But I never saw an SLI board that can OC well except maybe the X58 boards for Intel. If the customer is sure that they are not going to touch the OC settings, then I guess its alright.
Dual graphics card setups are usually for people that doesnt have a budget, and mainly for gamers or people that wants like 4 monitors.

I kinda regretted buying my SLI board since the 8800GT are like $150, and I just dont have the money. I couldve went with an P43/P45 and have a better OC settings. But whats done is done.

Back
Top Bottom