Would it be possible to get some changes for the better to tech-forums.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have one Idea in particular for the sight. Thats a News Section. With People like PP, and the Mods. People who have a lot of knowledge and don't mind sharing I was hoping for a while if we can add a dedicated forum under a Certain topic mabie. Something like "Latest News and Technology." Like the mods can specifically Post in relation to new products and news under this particular section.

We do have that at the minute but its fragmented. I'm talking about the latest Software and how to use it. Tips Tricks and how to. Not just hardware reviews or Software reviews. I mean its just fragmented at the minute. With a lot of the Produces being released in off topic conversation and not nesseserially how to use up to date software.

Something like tutorials by the Mods \ Admin on how to make OS hacks. Legit of course. All most making a Post in what they could start a topic and have people guided to the end solution.

I bet sight traffic would pick up.

I like your idea. It is an idea that many people who run websites have. It is an idea that is simple to understand, not difficult to implement, and could positively impact not only growth but also SEO and overall appeal.

95% of the time the reason this idea fails is because of how time consuming content management is. We all have lives and only some of us choose to spend our down-time or our idle time skimming the forums for the people out there we can help. Some of the active members even ask questions for ourselves which also greatly contributes to the activity and growth of TF.

I think that peoples' general search of knowledge, with a touch of comradery and the desire to attain a sense of understanding on many topics is the foundation to the success of TF.. The successes aren't driven by proactive reporting on technology developments.. Plus if a topic was covered by an "official"-like news it would discourage new users or existing users starting forum posts that trigger the types of user-driven conversations that keeps TF thriving like it is.

A great idea is still great. But imo, from my experience running websites, its more a matter of time dedication of volunteers, like staff, to step up and deliver professional-quality material and it is likely to not be as beneficial for the community as the value of the time is by the people who contribute to it.

Last edited:
I like your idea. It is an idea that many people who run websites have. It is an idea that is simple to understand, not difficult to implement, and could positively impact not only growth but also SEO and overall appeal.

95% of the time the reason this idea fails is because of how time consuming content management is. We all have lives and only some of us choose to spend our down-time or our idle time skimming the forums for the people out there we can help. Some of the active members even ask questions for ourselves which also greatly contributes to the activity and growth of TF.

I think that peoples' general search of knowledge, with a touch of comradery and the desire to attain a sense of understanding on many topics is the foundation to the success of TF.. The successes aren't driven by proactive reporting on technology developments.. Plus if a topic was covered by an "official"-like news it would discourage new users or existing users starting forum posts that trigger the types of user-driven conversations that keeps TF thriving like it is.

A great idea is still great. But imo, from my experience running websites, its more a matter of time dedication of volunteers, like staff, to step up and deliver professional-quality material and it is likely to not be as beneficial for the community as the value of the time is by the people who contribute to it.

Thanks for the reply. I never considered it as in how time consuming it was along with a lot of other issues surrounding the concept.

Back
Top Bottom