Would anybody be willing to help my wife?

darkserpant

In Runtime
My wife is a manager of a restaurant. And she does the scheduling. Her boss gave her a copy of the schedule on a jump drive to take home and do on our computer everyweek. All it is, is a template from excell. All it is, is monday through sunday and then peoples names and times they work in the spaces under the day of the weeks. Every week she uses the same template and just clicks on the persons name and back spaces and puts a new name there for that next week scheduleand then prints it out here at home then takes it to work then hangs it up. This was a template in a excell program in windows xp We now just bought a new computer which is Vista. I can no longer use this template from xp excell on my new computer. Unless I buy Microsoft works for about $300. That's a lot of money foro something that I won't use except for this one template. I was searching through vista when I came across a program that is set up like this excell template. It is a Microsoft works spreadsheet. Me and my wife barely know how to turn a computer on(but we are learning). We must of spent about 2-3 hours trying to duplicate this xp excell tempplate on to this Microsoft works spreadsheet. We could'nt do it. Would any of you that is familier with this spreadsheet be able to put the information from this template onto the spreadsheet for her. I feel bad because I tried and can't. I should be able to e-mail you the xp template. I would more then greately appreciate if anybody could give me a little of their time to help my wife. Thanks a million.

cant see why not , PM'd email addy to you
try and explain the situ much clearer , you require me change the template from excell to microsoft works spreadsheet

you could just download and install open office. (http://www.openoffice.org/) It is capable of handling .xls files. (this is the file extension that microsoft excell uses) So after installing this you should be able to open and use your excell template just like you did before.

i actually think that Google spreadsheet is the best solution in this case as your wife could access the files from home and work and so edit them at work if needs be , she also wouldnt have to remember the jump drive however we will see what happens

only thing is that involves installing a full office suite when all that is required is a spreadsheet which can be used online at google docs much easier IMO

yer it looks like that ,its just an online spreadsheet system pretty neat if you ask me means you can access spreadsheets and word documents from any computer with an internet connection

Back
Top Bottom