Ethan_Kaizer

Daemon Poster
Someone is selling:

-ASUS P5WDH Delux motherboard

-Q6600

-EVGA 8800GTX

-4gb Corsair DDR2 800 memory

-Creative XFi Sound Card

All for $400 buy it now. I have an ECS low budget motherboard, an Intel E4600 2.4GHz, a hot 8600GT, 2 GB Kingston DDR2 667 RAM.

This is an amazing deal, and my birthday is next week, so I think I'll beg them for this, and pay them back like half of it over time.

1) I don't know much about that motherboard, is it a good one? I assume it's better than my 945GCT-M.

2) I have a 430w power supply that came with my case. Will it be able to handle it? I don't know much about the 8800 power draw, but I assume it's not enough? (If not, I'd have to put the 8800GTX aside while I replace that)

3) How long is the 8800GTX? I have a Mid tower, so I wanna make sure it'll fit.

4) I'm not totally sure what motherboard sizes my computer case fits, because I currently have a micro atx board, but it's a pretty mid sized case, and it looks like there's room for a larger board. What are the odds that it will fit a standard ATX board? And no, I don't know what kind of case it is, but it's a black metal case, with a side panel window and a picture of a globe on the other side.

5) I have Vista 64 bit, but I don't have the disc to reinstall. Will I lose my OS if I install the new board? If I do, then I'll have to revert back to Windows XP.

These concerns make me kind of nervous to jump right out and buy this, although I guess I could always resell it for a profit. Any input would be nice.

-I need quick response before this guy sells it elsewhere.

ok... its got a 975x board... kind of dated...

Creative XFi Sound Card- could be a cheapo X-Fi XtremeAudio (not a true X-FI)

Q6600... ok that's not bad..

8800gtx... not bad either..

4gb Corsair RAM... what if its 5-5-5-15?

Only good things in that build is the q6600 (which could be a B3?) or the 8800GTX...

2. Probably not
3. About as long as the HD 4870
4. It's a mid-tower so it will fit that board..
5. You can still slap the new stuff, but you might have to reactivate and probably reinstall

5-5-5-15 wont affect anyone but the most die hard overclocker, so thats not a big deal.
q6600, even if its a b3 is worth around 150 bucks
4gb of ddr2 is worth about 50 bucks.
The 8800GTX is still worth 100 bucks as its only slightly weaker than a 4850
Dont know what the card and board are worth.

looks to be a good deal to me imo, i would go for it it would be a much better improvement then what you have now and you wotnt be getting that good of an upgrade for 400$ you would be gettign crap really if you where to get an equivelant card lets say a hd4850 thats about 150$, you get a new cpu lets say e7200 thats 130$ a new descent mobo lets say biostar i45 another 130$, then a 4gb kit of ram will run you 80$. and really its all newer tech but stilll wotn be as fast as that system so i say do it. even if its b3 could still have a gerat vid, and good oc potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom