Worried...

I Have been getting random Freezes lately and my PC has been REALLY Slow,Now speedfan is telling me that my 12v core is only 6,but my BIOS is telling me all is fine? And speedfan AND my Bios are telling me my CPU is 57c on idle (AMD Athlon 4800+ X2)??

Is this normal?

I just had a thread a while back about temps. Everyone came to the concensus that RealTemp is the best thing to use for reading temps. Download it and post your temps...someone should be able to help you...I don't know a whole lot about voltages and that kinda thing...

You could try Everest for voltage readout. I've found that it reads voltages quite accurately...

I use HWMonitor and Everest. If you need the links I could get them for you, but I assume a man of your caliber has ways of finding things. I would first clean the case and check that there is nothing preventing the fans from working properly. Next I would update and run some security software. To top it off I would run some disk check-ups and defrags along with a touch on start-up processes (msconfig). If the problem is still around we can begin to speculate the hardware more closely.

Well im doing a Defrag now,and i have already done a scan with AVG And then picked up nothing,after the defrag is done (In JKDefrag) i'll do a CClean and then hopefully it should be fixed.

Although i have been wanting to get a new rig for quite some time LOL,Maybe this is a sign :D

Back
Top Bottom