Worried question about this new computer pci-e slot?

s0path

Solid State Member
I was so glad to purchased a new PC and finally using an AMD 64 Athlon X2 for the first time. My PC model is a Gateway GT5032...and I noticed it's case and motherboard are btx so everything is opened from the right side of the case instead of left like standard ATX...and pci-express slot is up way high and i notice pci-e cards placed upward instead of downward cuz of the btx motherboard and case...so when I came acress a pci-express ati-x850xt i notice it uses 2 slots to fit the graphic card...and here's my question..I wont be able to fit that in my btx case right?..since graphic card is face upward cuz othe rearrangement of the pci-e slot because of the BTX motherboard..and the pci-express card is on the top of all?? Thanks in advance...

BTX motherboard layout(smiliar) noticed its smalled spaced
dimension5000_4.jpg

Video Card I want and concern if it will fit or not..it is a ati x850xt
14-131-004-06.JPG

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Im not sure what your askin. But it will work upsidedown :D
It cant be insert downside because if it does then the output vga and dvi plugs are in the inside making it impossible becuase it has to be on the right out.

uhh, no, just as long as you have an extra opening for the dual slot cooler. If you look at the SLI connector on the top of your current video card, and match it with the top of the X850, it works. There is no such thing as a BTX or ATX video card. They are all manufactured the same. If there were different, it would be very costly and make the manufacturers loose money.

Thats what I was thinking, but if you look, at the very end, where is goes into the slot. Their is this weird little like notch. So maybe it doesnt work upside down. I doubt it though. Oh well.. Just take off the metal thing and put it in :D

OK...wierd! First off, did a google search on images for a Gateway GT5032 - nothing came up...

And...did a image search on google for btx...look what is a little way down the page...your picture!

You have copied it from that site because, if you right click on image, then go to Copy Image Location - its a french site! Wierd huh!

Oh yeah, and the god damned PC is a DELL Dimension 5000.

WE DO NOT LIKE LIERS, OR PEOPLE WHO MAKE STUPID POSTS ABOUT COMPUTERS THAT THEY DO NOT EVAN OWN.

Check here if you all dont believe me...

http://images.google.co.uk/images?c...-US:official_s&q=BTX&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images - three to the left, three down
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=G

that is an odd way to have it but i think what hes trying to say it that if he got the new vid card the heatsink on it is going to get in the way because of the cpu heatsink so its not gona fit

Back
Top Bottom