World's Happiest Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
And quit picking on the Canadian Military. The Canadian Air Force has the Finest Squadron of Flying Squirrels on the Planet. HeHeHe :D

We have stealth hang gliders in Sweden.

You cannot even hear them coming.

Saab actually makes some pretty sweet jets.

We have stealth hang gliders in Sweden.

You cannot even hear them coming.

Saab actually makes some pretty sweet jets.

I feel bad for the Gripen, great bird, but it hasn't gotten the international sales that it deserves.

^im pretty sure he was thinking about the f-16. I don't think by any means that we have f-22's. They are not really canada's MO anyway, we would not buy an air supiriority fighter, we tend to like multi-role aircraft. If you have not heard we are replacing our cf-18's with f-35's in the future. F-35's are multi-purpose fighters.

I never once mentioned the F-16. I know my hardware, I have to. Don't try and argue about stuff in the air force with someone who is in the air force. he always knows more about it than you, and if he doesn't, he has access to information that you don't.

And quit picking on the Canadian Military. The Canadian Air Force has the Finest Squadron of Flying Squirrels on the Planet. HeHeHe :D

Not to mention there fantastic navy.
canadian%20navy.jpg

lewl. those were funny pics. haha.

the HDI is kind of a BS thing though because in a country like Bhutan, it would be rated quite poorly, but in terms of the happiness of the people, they are definitely near the top. They don't have the purchasing power parity that developed countries have, nor the per capita income or GDP/GNP either, but they have a stable economy, stable birth/death rate, a high life expectancy for a country of its development.

^by my first post basically saying the us should stop bashing canada's military.

It looks to me like zmatt is just trying to correct some false statements made in this thread.

And yes we know your population is much smaller, hence the military does not have to be near as strong and is really only there for national defense.

And if some other country were to try and invade you guys, im pretty sure we would be the first ones sending troops to help, along with the rest of nato.

Well according to my article Canada is #6.

Stop trying to get your country a better ranking. [/joke]
;)

well mine is based on human develoment index not just happiness :p

It looks to me like zmatt is just trying to correct some false statements made in this thread.
he finishes off by making fun and bashing how modest.

as far as hdi it is actually very good because really it is based on the opporunities you have to live a high standard of living. people in poorer countrys maybe happier but they do not have teh same oportunities to further themselfes as the ydo in a country with a high hdi.

"The HDI combines normalized measures of life expectancy, literacy, educational attainment, and GDP per capita for countries worldwide. It is claimed as a standard means of measuring human development—a concept that, according to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), refers to the process of widening the options of persons, giving them greater opportunities for education, health care, income, employment, etc. The basic use of HDI is to measure a country's development."

from the wiki definition refer to the options of widening the options of a persons giving them greater opportunities for education health care, income, employment ect.
to me these are all reasons that would make me want to live somewhere to let me be happy. many people in under developed countries are quite happy. would i want to live there just because people are happy not if it doesn't give me opportunities to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom