Worlds fastest supercomputer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
BEIJING (AFP) – China is set to trump the US to take the number one spot for the fastest supercomputer ever made in a survey of the world's zippiest machines, it was reported Thursday.
Tianhe-1, meaning Milky Way, has a sustained computing speed of 2,507 trillion calculations per second, making it the fastest computer in China on a list published Thursday.
But it is also 1.4 times faster that the world's current fastest ranked supercomputer in the US, housed at a national laboratory in Tennessee, according to the New York Times.

China boasts world's fastest supercomputer - Yahoo! News

Interesting stuff I think I read somewhere that it does 1.7 petaflops.

Heh, funny considering we had a guy that works at the facility where Jaguar is housed at come and talk to us in my Data Structures class about job offers over there, and that China was producing a supercomputer at the moment that was trying to beat Jaguar. Guess it happened sooner than I thought it would.

Still cant wait till someone builds a functional Quantam Computer, i think someone was saying that once they have a functional one, 2048 bit encryption will be broken in an instant.

Tianhe-1 does its warp-speed "thinking" at the National Center for Supercomputing in the northern port city of Tianjin -- using mostly chips designed by US companies.

Should try to OC that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom