World Cup Draws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it is correct and verified.

I also used my time machine to go to the game and took this picture during the game.

engetty438.jpg

Peter peter peter... where do i begin?

you predicted italy not advancing... tough to swallow, but ok. But brazil not advancing?!?!?! WHOA?! lol.. and Brazil / Spain are the favourites for this world cup, so brazil better advance! Portugal barely made the world cup, winning the play-off with with Bosnia; while brazil cruised to qualification Whipping power houses like Argentina like it was nothing at all.

Anyways! England do have a kind draw, but it won't be easy. As long as England take it seriously, they should finish top of their group. Its not as predictable for second place... USA have mediocre performances, so they're not an automatic for me to take 2nd place. I wouldn't be surprised if Algeria snuck in to take 2nd place.

Groups D and G appear to be the toughest, and i'm predicting both the African teams to advance from those 2 groups. Ghana and Ivory coast are arguably the 2 strongest african contenders this World Cup.

My prediction overall: If England have a healthy and in-form starting XI, i can't see anybody coming in their way. If there are injuries to wayne rooney, steven gerard, frank lampard, john terry, rio ferdinand.. i don't see many capable replacements for those players, and will thus lose to giants brazil or spain. If England have injury problems, then its up in the air for me between brazil and spain. If Mardona gets fired in time, maybe Argentina can compete (i heard Hiddink was linked to argentina..??)

But for now, lets think about today, and enjoy today's match b/w Chelsea and Man. City.

Thanks hefe for starting a soccer thread, lol.

How thanks goodness I moved out my last appartment.
My previous 2 appartments where next to Liechardt. For those people unfamiluar with Sydney, it's Little Italy.

And they are nuts about the world cup and it would normally mean you would get one hoon or the other hoot driving up and down the street honking thier car hong at 3am in the morning depending on who won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom